I Gusti Putu Phalgunadi
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dr. I Gusti Putu Phalgunadi was an Indonesian scholar who has translated many of Indonesian scriptures from the Kawi language to English. Born on 3 January, 1948 at Denpasar, Bali, he died on September 24, 2014 and his funeral was held on October 1, 2014. The topic of his thesis was: Tambang Badung Temple at a Glance. In 1978 he won a scholarship to pursue his research work in India. For his research purposes, he has traveled throughout India particularly the historical and holy places. He had visited most of the Capitals of States in India except the North-east States. Since a decade he has been moving between Delhi-Bodhgaya-Haridar in search of his mission. For that, he is awarded scholarships by many private institutes as well as the Government of India.
1978-79 Scholarship from International Academy of Indian Culture, New Delhi
1979-81 General Culture Scholarship Scheme from Government of India
1981-88 General Culture Scholarship Scheme from Government of India
1985-88 Senior Scholarship Holder from Indian Council of Historical Research, New Delhi.
Of the eighteen parvas, only eight Kawi manuscripts remain.
- Vol 1: Adi Parva - The First Book, 305 pages, 1990, ISBN 81-85179-50-6
- Vol 2: Virata parva - The Fourth Book, 197 pages, 1992, ISBN 81-85689-05-9
- Vol 3: Udyoga parva, 345 pages, 1994, ISBN 81-85689-96-2
- Vol 4: Bhishma parva, 283 pages, 1995, ISBN 81-86471-05-7
- Vol 5: Asramavasa parva, Mosala parva, Prasthanika parva, Svargarohanaparva, 161 pages, 1997, ISBN 81-86471-11-1
- The Indonesian Brahmanda purana - 349 pages, 2000, ISBN 81-7574-088-4
- Evolution of Hindu Culture in Bali - 194 pages, 1991, ISBN 81-85067-65-1 (81-85067-65-1)
- The Pararaton - 164 pages, 2002, ISBN 81-85067-97-X (81-85067-97-X)
- Fundamental Dictionary Of Balinese Language And Culture - 1995
- Tambang Badung Temple at a Glance
- Bali Embraces Hinduism - 2005
- "Hindu Sulit Dipelajari, Tapi Mudah Dilaksanakan". Bali Post (in Indonesian). 22 January 2003. Retrieved 2 December 2010.
- "VALE Prof. Dr Litt. Dr I.Gusti Putu Palgunadi M.A. of Puri Gerenceng, Denpasar. 3 January 1948 – 24 September 2014". Stranger in Paradise. November 2014.