I Hope (Dixie Chicks song)
|Single by Dixie Chicks|
|from the album Taking the Long Way|
|Released||October 10, 2005|
|Genre||Country pop, blue-eyed soul|
|Length||4:04 (radio edit)
|Songwriter(s)||Martie Maguire, Natalie Maines, Emily Robison, Kevin Moore|
|Dixie Chicks singles chronology|
|Taking the Long Way track listing|
The song, written by all the three band members (Emily Robison, Martie Maguire, Natalie Maines) and Kevin Moore, received its debut performance on the Shelter from the Storm: A Concert for the Gulf Coast telethon on September 9, 2005. It was later made available as a digital download single with proceeds to benefit the Hurricane Katrina relief. The song features a guitar solo from John Mayer.
Comments about the song by band members
This is what band members Robison and Maines commented about the writing process of "I Hope":
- Robison: "Kevin was one of the last writers we wrote with, and it was so nice and so comfortable working with him. With what he's been through and where he grew up, it's important to him to write positive, uplifting songs."
- Maines: "On the other hand, he wasn't afraid to get political, and this ultimately turned out to be a pretty serious song. Hopeful and positive, but serious."
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||54|
- Profile for the nominees of the 48th Annual Grammy Awards at About.com
- Comments on the writing process of the Taking the Long Way songs at Frontpagepublicity.com
- "Dixie Chicks – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Dixie Chicks.