I Just Want My Pants Back
|I Just Want My Pants Back|
|Developed by||David J. Rosen|
|Written by||David J. Rosen (book)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||12 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Dave Bartis
David J. Rosen
Gene Klein (co-exec.)
|Location(s)||Brooklyn, New York|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Universal Cable Productions
|Original release||August 28, 2011– April 5, 2012|
I Just Want My Pants Back is an American comedy-drama that premiered with a special sneak peek on August 28, 2011 on MTV, with the series airing the new episodes beginning on February 2, 2012. The series is based on David J. Rosen's 2007 novel of the same name.
On May 16, 2012, MTV cancelled the series.
The series follows the life of a group of twenty-somethings as they try to get through life as best they can in Brooklyn. It is based on David J. Rosen's novel of the same name.
- Peter Vack as Jason Strider, a young Jewish twenty-something trying to juggle sex, love, career and friendship out of college.
- Kim Shaw as Tina, Jason's best friend.
- Elisabeth Hower as Stacey, Eric's college sweetheart, who attempts to be his girlfriend outside of college.
- Jordan Carlos as Eric, Stacey's college sweetheart, who attempts to be her boyfriend outside of college.
- Sunkrish Bala as Bobby, the owner of the local bodega.
- Chris Parnell as J.B. Jason's no-nonsense boss at the casting agency
- Nick Kocher as Lench
- Kelli Barrett as Jane
- Steve Talley as Brett
- Stephanie Brait as Ness
The series is based on David J. Rosen's 2007 novel I Just Want My Pants Back. The pilot was written by David J. Rosen and directed by Doug Liman. The series is executive produced by Rosen, Liman and Dave Bartis with Universal Cable Productions and Hypnotic. It is also co-executive produced by Gene Klein.
On January 14, 2011, MTV ordered the pilot to series of 12 episodes, with production started on the rest of the season in June 2011. A sneak peek of the pilot episode aired on August 28, 2011, following the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards and averaged 5.1 million viewers and a 4.9 P12-34 rating. The series began the rest of season one on February 2, 2012, following Jersey Shore. The re-airing of the pilot on February 2, 2012, pulled in 1.81 million viewers and a 1.0 rating.
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||U.S. viewers
|1||"Pilot"||Doug Liman||Teleplay by: David J. Rosen||August 28, 2011||5.1|
|After a one night stand leaves him with a pair of his jeans stolen, Jason Strider begins his quest through New York City, to get his beloved jeans back, and hopefully the girl, whilst also dealing with his entry level job at a casting agency, and his friends, Tina, Eric and Stacey.|
|2||"Baby Monkeys"||Jace Alexander||David J. Rosen||February 2, 2012||1.22|
|Jason posts an ad looking for Jane on missed connections, Tina, while anxiously awaiting a text from Brett, de-virginizes an intern, and Stacey and Eric have new mattress sex on a mattress that turns out to be anything but new.|
|3||"Never Trust a Moonblower"||Jace Alexander||Isaac Aptaker & Elizabeth Berger||February 9, 2012||1.88|
|Jason quits his job for a new job he's promised only to find out it's only an internship. Stacey and Eric kinda have a foursome. At another promising job interview Jason sees Jane and consequently blows the interview.|
|4||"Pecker Necklace"||Jace Alexander||Jessi Klein||February 16, 2012||2.04|
|Tina and Stacey are forced to join a bachelorette party, Jason ends up backrubbing his weed dealer and transporting a giant piñata penis through town. Eric has a less than enthusiastic first night at the hospital.|
|5||"Something's Wrong Down There"||Jace Alexander||David J. Rosen||February 23, 2012||1.76|
|Eric diagnoses Tina with Chlamydia, Jason is confused whether he's being paid for cleaning or sex. He solves the problem by being fired.|
|6||"Safety Nets"||Rosemary Rodriguez||Adam Stein & David J. Rosen||February 23, 2012||1.31|
|Tina gets evicted because she didn't pay rent for 4 months, spending the money on bags instead. Her plan to use Stacey as leverage falls short too. Jason meets a lovely french girl who teaches him about how the universe provides.|
|7||"Piece of Cake"||Rosemary Rodriguez||Isaac Aptaker & Elizabeth Berger||March 1, 2012||1.64|
|Tina learns that people one breaks up with (Brett) tend to see other people and gets drunk with Bobby. Jason - dressed as cake - finally meets Jane on the street and shares a suspicious joint with a co-worker. Events spiral downwards from there. Both show up to Stacie and Eric's party wasted and broken.|
|8||"The Blackout"||Doug Liman||Jessi Klein||March 8, 2012||1.70|
|The gang's invited by Ness to a party way out in Bushwick. On the way, a short citywide blackout brings hidden tensions to the surface: Stacey possibly is pregnant and Tina asks Jason not to flirt with Ness as he "keeps peeing in her pool", chasing away possible friends.|
|9||"Love Equation"||Rosemary Rodriguez||Teleplay by: Adam Stein
Story by: Isaac Aptaker & Elizabeth Berger
|March 15, 2012||1.45|
|Tina tries to "Yoko" her new man out of a cover band, and Jason puts his relationship with Ness in jeopardy after some poor birthday gift-giving.|
|10||"Sextipated"||Jace Alexander||Jessi Klein||March 22, 2012||1.09|
|Jason meets Ness' ex, Tina is assigned to work with an LA photographer, and Eric and Stacey lock themselves down in a 72-hour study session.|
|11||"Quid No Quo"||Jace Alexander||Isaac Aptaker & Elizabeth Berger||March 29, 2012||0.93|
|Jason tries to impress his high-school crush; Tina goes on a romantic date with Paul; a tough semester has Eric questioning his future.|
|12||"Jerk or Dork"||Jace Alexander||David J. Rosen||April 5, 2012|
|Tina and Jason's big night out doesn't go as planned. Jason has a run-in with Jane and tries to find out what happened between them, while Tina worries that things are moving too quickly with Paul.|
- In the United Kingdom and Ireland, it airs on MTV.
- In Canada, it airs on The Comedy Network and Mucky Music.
- In Italy, the show airs since November 2012 on gMTV
- In Latin America,tg airs since May 2012
- In New Zealand, the show airs on Four (New Zealand)
- In Brazil, the show airs on Vh1 since June 2012.
- In the Philippines, the show airs on JackTV since September 14, 2012.
- In Australia, the show airs on the Seven network since October 2012.
- "MTV Sets Premiere Date for 'I Just Want My Pants Back' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. 2011-11-14. Retrieved 2012-01-31.
- Nellie Andreeva. "Comedy Series 'I Just Want My Pants Back' Cancelled By MTV, Looking For New Home". Deadline. Retrieved 30 November 2015.
- "Breaking News - Development Update: Thursday, August 5". TheFutonCritic.com. Retrieved 2012-01-31.
- "Breaking News - Comedy Pilot 'I Just Want My Pants Back' Begins Production for MTV in New York". TheFutonCritic.com. 2010-09-03. Retrieved 2012-01-31.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "MTV Picks Up 'I Just Want My Pants Back' To Series". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2012-01-31.
- "MTV’s New Scripted Comedy Series "I Just Want My Pants Back" Set To Debut On Thursday, February 2 - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved 2012-01-31.
- http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/02/03/thursday-cable-ratings-jersey-shore-slides-archer-project-runway-impractical-jokers-i-just-want-my-pants-back-more/118571/[dead link]
- http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/02/10/thursday-cable-ratings-jersey-shores-slide-continues-swamp-people-archer-project-runway-mudcats-more/119421/[dead link]
- http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/02/17/thursday-cable-ratings-jersey-shore-slide-continues-swamp-people-archer-i-just-want-my-pants-mudcats-more/120422/[dead link]
- http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/02/24/thursday-cable-ratings-jersey-shore-swamp-people-more/121751/[dead link]
- "Thursday Cable Ratings: ‘Jersey Shore’ Reigns Supreme, ‘Swamp People’, ‘Mudcats’ and Basketball All Runners Up - TV By The Numbers by zap2it.com - Page 122747". TV By The Numbers by zap2it.com. Retrieved 30 November 2015.
- "Thursday Cable Ratings:’Jersey Shore’ Wins Night Over ‘Swamp People,’ ‘Mudcats’ & ‘I Just Want My Pants Back’ - TV By The Numbers by zap2it.com - Page 123814". TV By The Numbers by zap2it.com. Retrieved 30 November 2015.
- "Thursday Cable Ratings: ‘Jersey Shore’, ‘Swamp People’, ‘Mudcats’ + NCAA Basketball - TV By The Numbers by zap2it.com - Page 124730". TV By The Numbers by zap2it.com. Retrieved 30 November 2015.
- "Thursday Cable Ratings: ‘Jersey Shore Reunion’ Tops Night, ‘Archer’ & ‘Project Runway All Stars’ Finales, ‘Swamp People,’ ‘I Just Want My Pants Back’ & More - TV By The Numbers by zap2it.com - Page 125736". TV By The Numbers by zap2it.com. Retrieved 30 November 2015.
- "Thursday Cable Ratings: NBA Basketball, ‘Punk’d’, ‘Pauly D Project’, ‘Swamp People’ + More - TV By The Numbers by zap2it.com". TV By The Numbers by zap2it.com. Retrieved 30 November 2015.