I Like It (Sammie song)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"I Like It"|
|Single by Sammie featuring N-Toon|
|from the album From the Bottom to the Top|
|Released||November 30, 1999|
|Genre||R&B, teen pop|
|Songwriter(s)||Dallas Austin, Gary White,|
|Producer(s)||Dallas Austin (exec.)|
|Sammie featuring N-Toon singles chronology|
"I Like It" is the debut single from American R&B singer Sammie. It was written by producer Dallas Austin for his debut studio album, From the Bottom to the Top (2000). The song was released as the album's lead single in late 1999 (see 1999 in music), and certified gold by the RIAA. It peaked at number 1 on the U.S. Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Single Sales chart, at number 8 on the U.S. Billboard Hot R&B Songs chart, and peaked at number 24 on the Billboard Hot 100. He was only twelve years old when he recorded the song. It's regarded as the singer's signature song.
The video was released in March 1999. It starts out with Sammie singing inside a locker and then hanging out with friends singing on the school front steps. It then features a dance scene which is inside of Sammie's locker and him playing basketball. Afterwards, it shows a load of girls running as in red light, green light as when Sammie turns around. The video ends with Sammie face to face with the girl he was singing about. It features then R&B teen-group "N-Toon" which featured singer Lloyd.
Format and Track Listings
Credits for "I Like It" major single releases adapted from Allmusic.
Charts and certifications
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||24|
|U.S. Billboard Hot R&B Singles||8|
|U.S. Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Single Sales||1|
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||600,000|
- RIAA Searchable Database Archived 2007-06-26 at the Wayback Machine
- "I Like It – Sammie> Album". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Archived from the original on August 19, 2013. Retrieved January 17, 2020.
- "Best-Selling Records of 2000". Billboard. BPI Communications Inc. 113 (6): 64. February 10, 2001. ISSN 0006-2510. Retrieved June 5, 2015.
- "American single certifications – Sammie – I Like It". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.
- Princesammie.com — official Sammie site
- Sammie music videos — watch "I Like It" at YouTube
- Lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
|This 1990s R&B/soul music song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|