This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2015)
|"I Like It"|
|Single by Sammie featuring N-Toon|
|from the album From the Bottom to the Top|
|Released||November 30, 1999|
|Genre||R&B, teen pop|
|Songwriter(s)||Dallas Austin, Gary White|
|Producer(s)||Dallas Austin (exec.)|
|Sammie featuring N-Toon singles chronology|
"I Like It" is the debut single from American R&B singer Sammie. Written by producer Dallas Austin for his debut studio album, From the Bottom to the Top (2000), the song was released as the album's lead single in late 1999 and certified gold by the RIAA. It peaked at number 8 on the Billboard Hot R&B Singles chart and number 24 on the Billboard Hot 100. Sammie was only twelve years old when he recorded the song, which is regarded as his signature song.
The video was released in March 1999. It starts out with Sammie singing inside a locker and then hanging out with friends singing on the school front steps. It then features a dance scene inside Sammie's locker and him playing basketball. Afterwards, it shows a load of girls running as in red light, green light as when Sammie turns around. The video ends with Sammie face-to-face with the girl he was singing about. It features then R&B teen-group "N-Toon" which featured singer Lloyd.
Format and track listings
Credits for "I Like It" major single releases adapted from AllMusic.
Charts and certifications
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||600,000|
- RIAA Searchable Database Archived 2007-06-26 at the Wayback Machine
- "I Like It – Sammie> Album". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Archived from the original on August 19, 2013. Retrieved January 17, 2020.
- "Sammie Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved May 22, 2021.
- "Sammie Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved May 22, 2021.
- "Sammie Chart History (Rhythmic)". Billboard. Retrieved May 22, 2021.
- "Billboard Top 100 – 2000". billboardtop100of.com. Retrieved May 22, 2021.
- "Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs – Year-End 2000". Billboard. Retrieved May 22, 2021.
- "Best-Selling Records of 2000". Billboard. BPI Communications Inc. 113 (6): 64. February 10, 2001. ISSN 0006-2510. Retrieved June 5, 2015.
- "American single certifications – Sammie – I Like It". Recording Industry Association of America.