I Like It Like That (Chris Kenner song)
|"I Like It Like That"|
|Single by The Dave Clark Five|
|from the album I Like It Like That|
|Songwriter(s)||Chris Kenner, Allen Toussaint|
|The Dave Clark Five singles chronology|
"I Like It Like That" is a song by Chris Kenner and Allen Toussaint, first recorded by Kenner, whose version reached No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1961. It was kept from the No.1 spot by, Tossin' and Turnin' by Bobby Lewis. This version also went to No. 2 on the R&B singles chart. The narrator of the song invites the listener to come with him to a happening spot named "I Like It Like That".
- The song was covered by the Dave Clark Five in 1965. Their version charted at No. 7 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- The Nashville Teens recorded the song as a B-side to their hit single "Tobacco Road" (1964).
- The song was also covered by the Kingsmen on their 1965 album The Kingmen on Campus
- Brinsley Schwarz on their 1972 album Nervous on the Road
- Loggins and Messina on their 1975 album of cover songs, So Fine.
Song use in film
- The song is featured in Stanley Kubrick's 1987 Vietnam war film Full Metal Jacket.
- "I Like It Like That," BMI Repertoire
- "Chris Kenner Billboard Singles". Allmusic. Retrieved December 20, 2010.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 320.
- "The Dave Clark Five Billboard Singles". Allmusic. Retrieved December 20, 2010.