I Love It (Hilltop Hoods song)
|"I Love It (feat. Sia)"|
|Single by Hilltop Hoods featuring Sia|
|from the album Drinking from the Sun|
|Released||25 November 2011|
|Label||Golden Era Records|
|Hilltop Hoods singles chronology|
"I Love It" is a song by Australian hip hop band, Hilltop Hoods, featuring Sia. The single was released on 25 November 2011 and its radio debut occurred on 21 November 2011 on Australian youth radio station, Triple J. "I Love It" was the first single from the album, Drinking From the Sun (released on 9 March 2012), and three different music videos were produced for the single. The single is the Hilltop Hoods' second highest-charting and biggest-selling single for the entirety of the group's career.
Three separate music videos were released for "I Love It", via the official Hilltop Hoods website.
The first, directed by Carl Allison and Nick Kozakis, opens with Suffa and MC Pressure burning their jumpers. Throughout the video they drive in a black two-door Chrysler Valiant hardtop, picking up hitchhikers along the way. Later it is revealed that they gag the hitchhikers and put them in the boot, only to bury them later. The video closes with the Hilltop Hoods burning their jumpers following such a crime.
The second video (Animal Logic Version), directed by Toby Grime of Animal Logic, features a young child creating a spinning diorama of the bands faces on a turntable. The band appear in the video as computer animations within this diorama.
The third video (Blue Tongue Version), directed by Nash Edgerton, features the band, along with two women, riding BMXs along a dirt path, carrying shovels. They dismount their bikes and climb through trees up a hill, arriving at a cliff looking out over a beach. In the distance a mysterious light can be seen emitting from the sand on the beach. The video closes with MC Pressure digging the sand out in this place, revealing a bright light shining in his face.
|Australian ARIA Singles Chart||6|
|New Zealand Singles Chart||13|
|Australia (ARIA)||4× Platinum||280,000^|
|New Zealand (RMNZ)||Gold||0*|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- "Hilltop Hoods new single "I Love It" featuring Sia". Golden Era Records. Retrieved 2011-12-23.
- "Hilltop Hoods to premiere new track 'I Love It' ft. Sia". Triple J Music News. Retrieved 2011-12-23.
- The Prophet (25 December 2011). "Sia: Pop's unlikely new feature Queen". The Prophet Blog. The Prophet. Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- Jason Treuen (27 July 2012). "From novelty act to giants". The Age. Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2015 Singles". Australian Recording Industry Association.
- THE FIELD id (chart number) MUST BE PROVIDED for NEW ZEALAND CERTIFICATION.