I Love the '90s: Part Deux
|I Love the '90s: Part Deux|
Jay and Silent Bob
A. Jay Popoff
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original release||January 17 – January 28, 2005|
I Love the '90s: Part Deux is an American television special on VH1 about 1990s culture with 10 episodes. It premiered on January 17, 2005. This series is a sequel to I Love the '90s and the title is a reference to the 1993 comedy, Hot Shots! Part Deux. It was presented by Emma Bunton, Ben Stein, Jay and Silent Bob, Russ Leatherman, Andrea Zuckerman, A. Jay Popoff and Jeremy Popoff.
Presenters and segments
In addition to the commentary on specific events, each year's episode also has all of the following segments.
- Then and Now: Emma Bunton presents a comparison of trends in the given year and the present day.
- Pimpest Tracks: Ben Stein presents a list of the popular rap music songs of the year.
- Guys We'll Go Gay For: Jay and Silent Bob present a list of male celebrities or fictional characters from each year.
- Bootyfone: The announcer of Moviefone, Russ Leatherman, lists the three songs most conducive to a romantic environment.
- 90210 Lost Diary: A summary of the events in the TV series Beverly Hills, 90210 is read from a journal, ostensibly from the point of view of Andrea Zuckerman.
- College Radio Cut: A. Jay Popoff and Jeremy Popoff of the rock band Lit discuss the college rock song of the year.
Topics covered by year
- Supermarket Sweep
- Bell Biv DeVoe's "Poison"
- Fanny packs
- 2 Live Crew
- MTV Unplugged
- Paula Abdul's "Opposites Attract"
- Dolphin-safe tuna
- James "Buster" Douglas' defeat of Mike Tyson
- Days of Thunder
- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
- Dick Tracy/Madonna's "Vogue"
- Moscow gets its first McDonald's
- Cop Rock
- Caller ID
- Arnold Schwarzenegger in Total Recall and Kindergarten Cop
Raw: Michael Ian Black on 90's fans
Guys We'll Go Gay For: Arnold Schwarzenegger and Kiefer Sutherland
College Radio Cut of 1990: "The Summer" by Yo La Tengo
- Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- Planet Hollywood
- David Duke
- Public Enemy and Anthrax's "Bring Tha Noize"
- Jungle Fever
- Soviet Union goes out of existence
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game"
- The Atlanta Braves Tomahawk Chop controversy
- Starter Jackets/Pagers and their use for numeric spelling
- Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Give It Away" and "Weird Al" Yankovic's parody version
- Wilt Chamberlain's A View From Above
- Extreme's "More Than Words"
- Cape Fear
Raw: Michael Ian Black on Wilt Chamberlain
- The Crying Game
- American Gladiators
- House of Pain's "Jump Around"
- Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus
- Mr. Big's "To Be With You"
- The Nicotine Patch
- Bill Clinton says he "didn't inhale"
- Body Count's "Cop Killer"
- Mad About You
- George H.W. Bush vomits on Japan's prime minister
- Larry Bird retires
- Sinéad O'Connor rips a picture of the Pope on Saturday Night Live
- A League of Their Own
- Teen Talk Barbie
- Euro Disneyland
- Northern Exposure
- White Men Can't Jump
Raw: Hal Sparks on Bush barfs
- Energizer Bunny
- The Proclaimers' "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)"
- The Chicken Soup For The Soul series
- The U.S. military's "Don't ask, don't tell" policy
- Mrs. Doubtfire
- Radiohead's "Creep"
- Monica Seles gets stabbed
- Falling Down
- Cypress Hill's "Insane in the Brain"
- What's Eating Gilbert Grape
- Great Flood of 1993
- Frank Sinatra's Duets
- Animaniacs/Pinky and the Brain
- True Romance
Raw: Rachael Harris on Zima
- The Wonderbra
- Anna Nicole Smith marries J. Howard Marshall
- Tales From The Crypt
- The Cranberries
- The Club
- Michael Fay's caning
- Benedictine Monks' Chant
- The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
- Models, Inc.
- Warehouse clubs
- Beck's "Loser"
- New York Rangers win the Stanley Cup
- Blues Traveler
- Tony Little
- Counting Crows
- Natural Born Killers
- The Usual Suspects
- Fashion Cafe
- Shaggy's "Boombastic"
- Psychic Friends Network
- Newt Gingrich vs. women in the military
- The hemp debate
- Montell Jordan's "This Is How We Do It"
- To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar
- Babydoll dresses
- Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon
- O.J. Simpson murder trial
Raw: Juliette Lewis on Shaggy
- Kerri Strug
- The Crocodile Hunter
- Romeo + Juliet
- The Caesar haircut
- Jeff Foxworthy's redneck routine
- Busta Rhymes' "Woo Hah!! Got You All in Check"
- Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee's sex tape
- Deion "Primetime" Sanders
- East Coast-West Coast hip hop rivalry
- Jenny McCarthy
- David Crosby fathers Melissa Etheridge's child
- R. Kelly's "I Believe I Can Fly"
- The Unabomber
- Michael Flatley
- 7th Heaven
Raw: Modern Humorist on Kerri
- Air Force One
- Kenny G breaks the world record for longest note held
- Meredith Brooks' "Bitch"
- "Death" of Joe Camel
- Con Air
- The beginning of ratings for TV shows (e.g. "TV-MA", "TV-14", "TV-PG")
- Marcy Playground's "Sex and Candy"
- Latrell Sprewell chokes his coach and Marv Albert bites his girlfriend
- The death of Chris Farley
- Mary Kay Letourneau
- The WNBA
- Sugar Ray's "Fly"
- Starship Troopers
- Barbie and Paula Jones get makeovers
- G.I. Jane
Raw: Patrice O'Neal on Marv Albert
- Ginger Spice leaves the Spice Girls
- Alanis Morissette's "Thank U"
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Lay's WOW chips
- Mad cow disease
- Urban Legend
- Gary Coleman punches a fan
- MTV's guest VJ Jesse Camp
- Pras' "Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are)"
- The Waterboy
- Behind the Music
- The Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up"
- Naomi Campbell throws a cell phone at an assistant
- El Niño
- Run Lola Run
Raw: Michael Ian Black on Raves
- Freaks and Geeks
- Chris Gaines
- Jay-Z's "Hard Knock Life"
- Emeril Lagasse
- Red Bull
- Lance Armstrong
- Matthew McConaughey arrested for playing the bongos naked
- Cruel Intentions
- Limp Bizkit
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- The Tom Green Show
- Win Ben Stein's Money
- Being John Malkovich
- Varsity Blues
Raw: Juliette Lewis on Jay-Z