I Love the New Millennium
|I Love the New Millennium|
|Country of origin||US|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original release||June 23 – June 26, 2008|
I Love the New Millennium, a mini-series in the I Love the... series, is a nostalgia show focusing on the 2000s and premiered on VH1 Monday, June 23, 2008. Each night, from Monday to Thursday, two of the eight episodes premiered, corresponding to the years from 2000 to 2007. As the series aired in 2008, it did not include episodes for the years 2008 or 2009. A second series about 2000s nostalgia called I Love the 2000s was made in 2014.
In addition to the year specific topics discussed, each episode features
- Bushisms: Steve Bridges, portraying President George W. Bush, delivers a memorable Bushism from the given year.
- Time Capsule: Andrew W.K. digs up three items from a time capsule that correspond to the episode's year.
- Sisqó's Hotties I Wanted To See In A Thong: Sisqó, known for the "Thong Song", shows three women from each year that he would like to see wearing a Thong.
- How Gay Was It?: For each year, gay Internet blogger Perez Hilton chooses a person or event and then rates it on his gaydar from 1 to 10.
- Blogs: Each celebrity gives an additional opinion on a certain topic from the episode in the form of a video blog entry.
- Then and Now: Taylor Dayne shows certain celebrities from the 2000s that also had contributions during the 1980s.
- Playlist of ...: Moby discusses three songs from a certain year.
- Liar: Jonny Fairplay reveals the biggest liar(s) of a particular year.
- During the credits of every episode, a clip from a popular music video was played without any type of commentary. These were usually replaced with a show promo by Vh1.
Topics covered by year
- Budweiser's Whassup? ad campaign
- Dude, Where's My Car?
- 2000 Florida presidential election
- Dennis Miller on Monday Night Football
- Razor Scooter
- Baha Men's "Who Let the Dogs Out?"
- Big Mouth Billy Bass
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
- Erin Brockovich
- David Crosby fathers Melissa Etheridge & Julie Cypher's kids
- MTV Cribs
- Cast Away
Blogs: Michael Ian Black on "Thong Song" by Sisqó
Liar of 2000: Gordon Zwicky
- Live with Regis and Kelly
- Enrique Iglesias' "Hero"
- Low-rise jeans
- Fear Factor
- Sharon Stone's husband, Phil Bronstein, bitten by Komodo dragon
- Pearl Harbor
- The Weakest Link
- Moulin Rouge!
- Christina Aguilera, Mýa, Lil' Kim & Pink's "Lady Marmalade"
- Winona Ryder shoplifts
- Shaggy & RikRok's "It Wasn't Me"
- The aftermath of 9/11
- Color Alert System
- Yao Ming
- Robert Blake is accused of murder
- The Ring
- Liza Minnelli marries David Gest
- Andrew W.K.'s "Party Hard"
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding
- Botox Parties
- Ted Williams being cryogenically frozen
- Avril Lavigne
- Mojito, Cosmo & Martini
- David Blaine
- American Idol
Blogs: Lauren Weedman on Dr. Phil
Liar of 2002: Miss Cleo
- The O.C.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
- Trucker hats
- Arnold Schwarzenegger becomes the governor of California
- Chappelle's Show
- 50 Cent's "In da Club"
- Michael Jackson is accused of child molestation
- Joe Millionaire
- Clay Aiken
- Finding Nemo
- Paris Hilton sex tape
- Siegfried & Roy's tiger incident
- Saddam Hussein captured
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Liar of 2003: Jayson Blair
- Ken Jennings dominates Jeopardy!
- William Hung
- Jim McGreevey resigns from office
- Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code
- Super Size Me
- Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County
- Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction"
- UGG boots
- Greg Behrendt & Liz Tuccillo's He's Just Not That Into You
- The Darkness's "I Believe in a Thing Called Love
- The Burger King
- Dance Dance Revolution
- Boston Red Sox win the 2004 World Series
Liar of 2004: Pete Rose
- Pope John Paul II death/Benedict XVI succession
- To Catch a Predator
- Grizzly Man
- The Runaway Bride
- José Canseco's Juiced: Wild Times, Rampant 'Roids, Smash Hits & How Baseball Got Big
- Pat O'Brien's voicemail scandal
- Martha Stewart released from prison
- Hurricane Katrina/Michael D. Brown scandal
- OK Go's "Here It Goes Again"
- Fat Actress
- Bill O'Reilly's sexual harassment lawsuit
- March of the Penguins
Liar of 2005: Rafael Palmeiro
- Mel Gibson's DUI incident
- Fergie's "London Bridge"
- Neil Patrick Harris and Lance Bass coming out of the closet
- Casino Royale
- Dick Cheney's hunting incident
- James Blunt's "You're Beautiful"
- Little Miss Sunshine
- Pink's "Stupid Girls"
- Kim Jong-Il tests missiles
- Rachael Ray
- Daniel Powter's "Bad Day"
Liar of 2006: James Frey
- GEICO Cavemen commercials
- Bob Barker retires from The Price Is Right and Drew Carey takes his place
- Amy Winehouse's "Rehab"
- Don Imus controversy
- Astronaut Lisa Nowak's attempted kidnapping
- Rihanna & Jay-Z's "Umbrella"
- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
- David Beckham joins the L.A. Galaxy
- Chris Daughtry
- Michael Vick arrested for dog fighting
- Plain White T's "Hey There Delilah"
- The Bourne Ultimatum
Then and Now: Bruce Willis and Taylor Dane
Liar of 2007: Scooter Libby
- VH1 Press Release (2008-05-28). "VH1 Presents a Slate of All-New Series, Events, Documentaries and Specials". Retrieved 2008-06-02.