I Miss You (Klymaxx song)
|"I Miss You"|
|Single by Klymaxx|
|from the album Meeting in the Ladies Room|
|Released||November 4, 1985|
|Length||5:32 (album version)
4:08 (single version)
Lynn Malsby (co-producer)
|Klymaxx singles chronology|
"I Miss You" is a hit single recorded by Klymaxx for the MCA label. Written and co-produced by Klymaxx keyboardist Lynn Malsby, this song was recorded and released as the third single from their fourth album, Meeting in the Ladies Room. This song eventually reached number 11 on the Billboard R&B chart, number 5 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and number 3 on the Billboard adult contemporary chart.
Despite peaking at #5 on the Hot 100, the song had staying power on the charts, and it ended up being the third biggest song on the year-end Billboard chart for 1986. The success of this song helped the group's Meeting in the Ladies Room album reach Platinum status.
- Lead vocals by Joyce "Fenderella" Irby
- Background vocals by Klymaxx
- In 1985, Dionne Warwick performed the song live on Solid Gold.
- In 1990, Seiko Matsuda performed the song live on Music Fair.
- In 2004, Boyz II Men covered the song on their Throwback, Vol. 1 album.
- In 2007, Freya Lim covered the song on her Freya's Love Songs album.
- In 2008, Filipino R&B singer Kyla covered the song on her album Heart 2 Heart.
- Klymaxx chart info Allmusic.com. Retrieved 3 April 2009.
- "Top 100 1986". top-source.info. Retrieved 1 October 2016.
- [Joel Whitburn's Top Pop Singles 1955-2002]
- Billboard Top 100 - 1986. "Billboard Top 100 - 1986 - Longbored Surfer - Charts". Longbored Surfer. Retrieved 2012-01-06.
"Rock Me Amadeus" by Falco
|Canadian RPM number-one single
February 8, 1986
"When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going" by Billy Ocean
|This 1980s pop song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|