I Need You (America song)
|"I Need You"|
|Single by America|
|from the album America|
|Released||April 26, 1972|
|Genre||Pop rock, soft rock|
|Producer(s)||Ian Samwell, Jeff Dexter|
|America singles chronology|
"I Need You"
It appears on the live albums Live (1977), In Concert (1985), In Concert (King Biscuit), Horse With No Name - Live! (1995), and The Grand Cayman Concert (2002). The studio version is included on the compilation albums Highway (2000) and The Complete Greatest Hits (2001).
(Per back cover of 1972 vinyl issue of America.)
- Dewey Bunnell – 6-string acoustic guitar, backing vocal
- Gerry Beckley – lead vocal, bass, piano
- Dan Peek – 12-string electric guitar, backing vocal
- Dave Atwood - drums
The song was a top ten hit and spent 10 weeks in United States Billboard Hot 100 charts wherein it peaked at number 9. It was the band's second top ten single, following the success of their previous hit "A Horse With No Name". It was also charted in Billboard Adult Contemporary Chart at number 7, and both Cash Box Singles Chart and Record World Singles Chart at number 8. Unlike their previous hit single, it didn't receive any certifications by RIAA.
|US Billboard Hot 100||9|
|US Billboard Adult Contemporary||7|
|US Cash Box Top 100 ||8|
|US Record World ||8|
|New Zealand (Listener)||18|
- America, "I Need You" Single Release Retrieved March 27, 2015
- Archives, Vol. 1 Retrieved March 25, 2016.
- Billboard Hot 100: Week of July 8, 1972, Billboard.com. Retrieved August 31, 2011.
- Whitburn, Joel (2015). The Comparison Book Billboard/Cash Box/Record World 1954-1982. Sheridan Books. p. 15. ISBN 978-0-89820-213-7.
- Andy Williams, Alone Again (Naturally) Retrieved March 27, 2015
- Percy Faith, Day By Day Retrieved March 25, 2016
- Ray Conniff, Love Theme from 'The Godfather' Retrieved March 25, 2016