I Never Knew Love
|"I Never Knew Love"|
|Single by Doug Stone|
|from the album More Love|
|B-side||"This Empty House"|
|Released||October 19, 1993|
|Format||CD Single, Cassingle, 7" single|
|Writer(s)||Larry Boone, Will Robinson|
|Producer(s)||James Stroud, Doug Stone|
|Doug Stone singles chronology|
"I Never Knew Love" is a song written by Larry Boone and Will Robinson, and recorded by American country music artist Doug Stone. It was released in October 1993 as the lead-off single from his fourth album More Love. It peaked at number 2 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart and number 3 on the Canadian RPM Tracks chart. The song was also Stone's only entry on the Billboard Hot 100, where it peaked at number 81.
In this song, the narrator tells his lover about revelations in his life like that he didn't know the power of a song until his mother died, didn't know what innocence was until he saw a newborn baby, and didn't know what love was until he met her.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||3|
|US Billboard Hot 100||81|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||64|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 405. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- AOL Music profile for "I Never Knew Love"
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 2366." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. January 24, 1994. Retrieved August 4, 2013.
- "Doug Stone – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Doug Stone.
- "Doug Stone – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Doug Stone.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1994". RPM. December 12, 1994. Retrieved August 4, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|