I Only Arsked!
|I Only Arsked!|
British quad poster
|Directed by||Montgomery Tully|
|Produced by||Anthony Hinds|
|Screenplay by||Sid Colin
|Music by||Benjamin Frankel|
|Edited by||James Needs
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures Corporation (UK)|
I Only Arsked! is a 1958 British comedy film directed by Montgomery Tully and starring Bernard Bresslaw, Michael Medwin and Alfie Bass. It was based on the television series The Army Game and was made by Hammer Films. Slapstick ensues when inept army recruits are transferred to a post in the Middle East.
- Bernard Bresslaw - Popeye Popplewell
- Michael Medwin - Corporal Springer
- Alfie Bass - Excused Boots Bisley
- Geoffrey Sumner - Major Upshott-Bagley
- Charles Hawtrey - Private 'Professor' Hatchett
- Norman Rossington - Cupcake Cook
- David Lodge - Sergeant Potty Chambers
- Arthur Howard - Sir Redvers
- Marne Maitland - King Fazim
- Michael Bentine - Fred
- Francis Matthews - Mahmoud
- Michael Ripper - Azim
- Wolfe Morris - Salaman
- Ewan MacDuff - Ferrers
- Claire Gordon - Harem girl
- Marie Devereux - Harem girl
- "I only Arsked! (1959)".
- Williams, Owen. "15 British sitcoms that made it to the big screen".
- "I Only Asked! (1958) - Montgomery Tully - Synopsis, Characteristics, Moods, Themes and Related - AllMovie".
- "I Only Arsked!".
|This article related to a British comedy film of the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|