I Really Hate My Job
|I Really Hate My Job|
|Directed by||Oliver Parker|
|Produced by||Andrew Higgie
|Written by||Jennifer Higgie|
Alexandra Maria Lara
Anna Maxwell Martin
|Music by||Charlie Mole|
|Edited by||Mary Finlay|
|Distributed by||TriStar Pictures|
I Really Hate My Job is a 2007 British comedy film directed by Oliver Parker and starring Neve Campbell, Shirley Henderson, Alexandra Maria Lara, Anna Maxwell Martin, Oana Pellea, and Danny Huston as himself. It is an independent film distributed by TriStar Pictures and produced by 3DD Productions.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (April 2010)
I Really Hate My Job is the story of the lives of five women stuck working in a second-rate London restaurant with delusions of grandeur. The action takes place over a single evening. Customers come and go, unaware of the real concerns of these women: a rat or two in the kitchen, bitter arguments about life and art, as well as a coup d'état in the kitchen, all overshadowed by the anticipation of a booking by a famous Hollywood film star.
The principal cast consists of:
- Neve Campbell as Abi (a waitress and an aspiring actress)
- Shirley Henderson as Alice (a kitchen assistant, acting chef on the evening in question, and an aspiring writer)
- Alexandra Maria Lara as Suzie (a waitress and an aspiring photographer)
- Anna Maxwell Martin as Madonna (the maître d')
- Oana Pellea as Rita (the dishwasher)
- Danny Huston as himself/Al Bowlly
The film received its North American premiere on 13 June 2007 at the Seattle International Film Festival, and by June 2008 had gone direct-to-video. It has also been shown on the Sundance Channel.
- Summary and Production Notes (DOC) from Cinematic Intelligence Agency (thecia.com.au)
- I Really Hate My Job from Urban Cinefile (urbancinefile.com.au)
- "Film Detail - I Really Hate My Job". British Film Council. Archived from the original on 10 September 2012. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
- Film & Events: I Really Hate My Job Archived 15 September 2012 at the Wayback Machine. from the Seattle International Film Festival
- Top 10 Direct-to-DVD Premieres: June 2008 from hollywood.com
- I Really Hate My Job from the Sundance Channel