I Thought I'd Seen Everything
|"I Thought I'd Seen Everything"|
|Single by Bryan Adams|
|from the album 11|
|Released||January 28, 2008|
|Length||5.07 (Album Version)|
3:58 (UK radio edit)
Robert John "Mutt" Lange
|Bryan Adams singles chronology|
"I Thought I'd Seen Everything" is a rock song written by Bryan Adams, Eliot Kennedy and Robert John "Mutt" Lange for Adams 10 solo album 11 (2008). The song's musical-style and production were heavily inspired by rock and pop music from the 1980s, and its lyrics chronicle a relationship. The song was released as a download only single in the UK on 17 March 2008.
Recording and production
In 1991 Robert Lange co-wrote a song with the same title for his ex-wife Stevie Vann; however according to Adams website, the title and writer are only similarities that exist between the two songs, and that this song is an entirely new composition. Adams did also work with Stevie Vann in the past.
Although "I Thought I'd Seen Everything" was officially released to US radio on March 1, 2008, it proved somewhat popular on Adult Contemporary radio where it peaked at the top thirty and peaked at 20. In Canada "I Thought I'd Seen Everything" was officially released to radio in March, 2008. The song reached the top fifty on the Canadian Hot 100 chart where it peaked at the top 50 on 47.
The song was released in Australia, Europe and New Zealand on March 1, 2008. "I Thought I'd Seen Everything" peaked at the top 200 at 146. "I Thought I'd Seen Everything" continued the trend of lower-charting singles which was started by Adams Room Service single Flying. "I Thought I'd Seen Everything" peaked in the top 40 in Hungary and Austria, and the top 50 in Switzerland and Germany.
The music video for "I Thought I'd Seen Everything" was directed by Andrew MacNaughtan and Bryan Adams.  The video features Adams and his band performing the song live in a studio, similar to the style of "Please Forgive Me", released in 1993. In an interview with Dominick A. Miserandino from The Celebrity Cafe Adams talked about how if felt to direct the music video:
It's a lot more work. But a lot of people can see me for what I am - what's real - rather than something that's an imaginary, trumped up idea of what the song should be. I mean, if I were to work with a director I'd want to work with someone that's incredibly visual. There's no point in doing anything that doesn't represent you. Right now I'm in that mode. I just want to be real, 100 percent. I don't want to candy coat it whatsoever. Here I am. Take me for what I am. Right now I'm on a tour in America just doing the whole thing by myself on an acoustic guitar.
The two B-sides on the CD single are not available on all versions of the album, 11.
|1.||"I Thought I'd Seen Everything"||Adams, Robert Lange||5:07|
|2.||"Miss America"||Adams, Kennedy||3:57|
|3.||"Way of the World"||Adams, Vallance, Peters||3:18|
UK digital download
|1.||"I Thought I'd Seen Everything (radio edit)"||Adams, Lange||3:57|
|United Kingdom||January 28, 2008|
|World||March 1, 2008|
|Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)||41|
|Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)||10|
|Belgium (Ultratip Wallonia)||24|
|Canadian Hot 100||47|
|Czech Republic (Rádio Top 100)||64|
|Germany (Official German Charts)||55|
|Hungarian Singles Chart||30|
|Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)||52|
|US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)||21|
- ""I Thought I'd Seen Everything"". BryanAdams.com. 2008-02-05. Retrieved 2008-10-18.
- "Andrew MacNaughtan". Revolver Film Company. Retrieved 2009-01-26.
- "Bryan Adams Tour Dates". ilikemusic.com. Retrieved 2009-01-26.
- "Bryan Adams interview". thecelebritycafe.com. Retrieved 2009-01-26.
- "Austriancharts.at – Bryan Adams – I Thought I'd Seen Everything" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40.
- "Ultratop.be – Bryan Adams – I Thought I'd Seen Everything" (in Dutch). Ultratip.
- "Ultratop.be – Bryan Adams – I Thought I'd Seen Everything" (in French). Ultratip.
- "Bryan Adams - I Thought I'd Seen Everything worldwide chart positions and trajectories". aCharts.us. Retrieved 2008-10-18.
- "ČNS IFPI" (in Czech). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiální. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: Change the chart to CZ – RADIO – TOP 100 and insert 200828 into search. Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- "Offiziellecharts.de – Bryan Adams – I Thought I'd Seen Everything". GfK Entertainment Charts.
- "Hungarian Album Chart". mahasz.hu. Archived from the original on April 18, 2009. Retrieved 2008-10-18.
- "Swisscharts.com – Bryan Adams – I Thought I'd Seen Everything". Swiss Singles Chart.
- "Bryan Adams Chart History (Adult Contemporary)". Billboard.