I Wanna Be Bad (Jessica Sutta song)
|"I Wanna Be Bad"|
|Promotional single by Jessica Sutta|
|from the album SuttaPop|
|Released||October 19, 2010|
|Label||Pinup Angel Productions|
"I Wanna Be Bad" is a promotional single by American recording artist Jessica Sutta. It was digitally released to iTunes on October 19, 2010. The single was accompanied by a music video which was directed by Frank E. Flowers. The video premiered on October 19, 2010 on Radar Online.
The song was written and produced by Sutta and Tearce Kizzo, and the single was officially released on iTunes on October 19, 2010.
Surrounded by loving friends and supportive crew, the making of the video was fun for everyone involved. During a brief interview Sutta answered a few questions about the process. "The night I walked into the Henson Studios in Hollywood and met Tearce Kizzo, we hit it off right away. We stepped into this little 4×4 studio… ideas started brewing, and three hours later, “I Wanna Be Bad” came to life. We had a blast making it!It was a perfect match from the very beginning. He has a great ear and he’s young and excited to create." Not only was I the artist, I produced it as well. I got to explore myself as an artist with nothing holding me back. The whole experience was life changing and so exciting".
The music video for "I Wanna Be Bad" was directed by Frank E. Flowers and produced by Sutta. On Radar Online, Sutta said: "It's been a vision of mine for a while so it was really cool to get in there and produce it myself. [...] Being the producer and the artist you'd think it would be really stressful, but for some reason everything went so smoothly. All my close friends were in the video; they're my best girl friends. I had a vision; I love the Marie Antoinette feeling and the girly, decadent kind of feeling in the video...the fantasy of it all." The music video premiered at Radar Online.
The video starts off with Sutta along with two women wearing Marie Antoinette-styled clothes sitting on a couch. On the chorus, Sutta leaves the women behind, but later they pull her back to the couch until the first chorus finishes. On the second verse, Sutta is seen going down the stairs, and later she dances upon the dining table with cut-scenes of her close-up face. During bridge there is a choreographed dance routine in front of the Bad Girls Club 3 mansion, while the music video ends with Sutta singing, "I Wanna be the Bitch."
- "iTunes Store". itunes.apple.com. Retrieved 2014-03-28.
- "Jessica Sutta: the Making of ‘I Wanna Be Bad’ | Frances Iacuzzi Photography". Francesiacuzzi.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2014-03-28.
- Apaza, Kevin (2010-09-26). "Jessica Sutta Debuts New Single in West Hollywood!". Directlyrics.com. Retrieved 2010-10-22.
- Apaza, Kevin (2010-10-19). "Jessica Sutta - I Wanna Be Bad (New Song!)". Directlyrics.com. Retrieved 2010-10-22.
- Iacuzzi, Frances (2010-10-20). "Jessica Sutta: the Making of ‘I Wanna Be Bad’". WordPress. Retrieved 2010-10-22.
- "Exclusive video: Former Pussycat Doll Jessica Sutta Goes Solo, Sings 'I Wanna Be Bad'". Radar Online. 2010-10-19. Retrieved 2010-10-22.
- "I Wanna Be Bad on Slovenská". IFPI. (IFPI). Archived from the original on 2007-01-10. Retrieved 2011-02-10.