I Wanna Be with You (Mandy Moore song)
|"I Wanna Be With You"|
|Single by Mandy Moore|
|from the album I Wanna Be with You|
|B-side||"Let Me Be the One" "Love Shot"|
|Released||April 11, 2000|
The Bennet House, Franklin, Tennessee
Metropolis, South-Melbourne, Australia
|Length||4:15 (Album Version)
4:20 (Soul Solution Remix)
5:02 (Center Stage Soundtrack)
|Songwriter(s)||Shelly Peiken, Tiffany Arbuckle, Keith Thomas|
|Mandy Moore singles chronology|
"I Wanna Be With You" is a song by American pop singer Mandy Moore. It was released as the only single from Moore's second studio album of the same name on April 11, 2000. The song received positive reviews from critics, who complimented Moore's mature vocals and the song's arrangement. The song peaked at number twenty-four in the United States Billboard Hot 100, becoming Moore's first and only top thirty single in the US to date. The song also peaked at number thirteen in Australia and was certified Gold by ARIA. It also peaked at number twenty-one in the UK, sixty-six in Austria and seventy in Germany. The song was featured on the soundtrack to the 2000 film Center Stage. The music video for the song, directed by Nigel Dick showed Moore singing the song to her love interest in a dance studio.
"I Wanna Be with You" is a string-heavy[disambiguation needed] pop song with slight R&B influenced beats. The song is written in the key of E♭ Major and is set in the time signature of common time. It is moderately paced with a tempo of 76 beats per minute. The song also follows the sequence of Ebmaj7–Ab–Eb7–Abmaj7 as its chord progression. Moore's vocals in the song spans from the note of A♭3 to D♭5. The version used in the film has more poppy beats.
The single was released in early 2000 and soon became Moore's highest charting song in the US at number 24, becoming her only top 40 song in the nation. It spent 16 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100, and peaked during its 9th week on the chart. As the date, "I Wanna Be with You" has sold 32,000 physical copies and 315,000 paid digital downloads according to Nielsen Soundscan. The single was more successful in Australia, spending over 25 weeks in the top 100 and reaching number 11 on the ARIA charts. It also reached number 21 in the UK, becoming her second, and so far, last single to chart there.
Billboard praised the song and said, "Top 40 programmers and listeners alike will love Moore more with this track...just delightful." Allmusic chose the song as a highlight track on the album of the same name.
The song's video was directed by Nigel Dick. It gained a lot of airplay on MTV and the song was also featured on the soundtrack to the film "Center Stage" The video shows a 16-year-old Mandy in a dance studio singing to her love interest, who was played by Sascha Radetsky from the movie.
"I Wanna Be With You" is the last song by Moore to chart so far on the Billboard Hot 100. Mandy continued her success in Australia with the following two singles, "In My Pocket" and "Crush" from her follow-up album of 2001, Mandy Moore.
Australian CD Single
- "I Wanna Be With You" - 4:12
- "Let Me Be the One" - 3:48
- "Candy" - (Rhythm Masters club mix) - 7:35
- "I Wanna Be With You" - (Soul Solution remix - extended) - 10:16
- "I Wanna Be With You" 4:14
- "Let Me Be The One" 3:49
- "Love Shot" 4:24
- "I Wanna Be With You" (Soul Solution Mix)
- "I Wanna Be With You" (Soul Solution Dub)
Center Stage Soundtrack
- "I Wanna Be With You" - 5:02
UK Maxi CD Single
- "I Wanna Be With You" (Radio Edit) 4:12
- "I Wanna Be With You" (Soul Solution Remix Extended) 10:16
- "Candy" (Rhythm Masters Club Mix) 7:35
Brazil Maxi CD Single, Promo
- "I Wanna Be With You" (Album Version)
- "I Wanna Be With You" (Soul Solution Radio Edit Remix)
- "I Wanna Be With You" (Soul Solution Remix)
- "I Wanna Be With You" (Soul Solution Dub Remix)
UK CD Single
- "I Wanna Be With You" (Radio Edit)
- "I Wanna Be With You" (Soul Solution Remix - Radio Edit)
Mexico CD Single, Promo
- "I Wanna Be With You" (Radio Edit)
Credits and personnel
- Lead Vocals - Mandy Moore
- Written-By - Shelly Peiken, Tiffany Arbuckle
- Written-By, Producer, Arranged By - Keith Thomas
- Backing Vocals - Tiffany Arbuckle
- Bass Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Drum Programming, Synthesizer - Keith Thomas
- Electric Guitar - Jerry McPhershon, Kenny Greenberg
- Engineer [Assistant] - Hadyn Buxton
- Engineer, Mixed By - Bill Whittington
- Producer [Production Coordinator], Programmed By [Pro Tools Editing] - Shaun Shankel
- Programmed By [Additional Programming] - Dan Muckala
- "Billboard.com - Ask Billboard". Billboard. 2012-11-12. Retrieved 2013-04-25.
- I Wanna Be with You (liner notes). Mandy Moore. Epic Records. 2000.
- "Australian-charts.com – Mandy Moore – I Wanna Be With You". ARIA Top 50 Singles.
- "Mandy Moore – Chart history" Canadian Hot 100 for Mandy Moore.
- "Archive Chart: 2000-08-19" UK Singles Chart.
- "Mandy Moore – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Mandy Moore.
- "Mandy Moore – Chart history" Billboard Pop Songs for Mandy Moore.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2001 Singles". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 6 January 2014.