Iacopo La Rocca
La Rocca playing for Western Sydney Wanderers in 2013
|Date of birth||February 17, 1984|
|Place of birth||Rome, Italy|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|2012–2015||Western Sydney Wanderers||58||(6)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 27 January 2016.
La Rocca started his youth career at Lazio, before moving to his first club Pro Vercelli. He since played various clubs in Italy, likes of Chieti, Fermana, Sassari Torres before moving to Switzerland, where he joined AC Bellinzona and Swiss Super League club Grasshopper.
On 11 September 2012, he signed a one-year deal with A-League club Western Sydney Wanderers. La Rocca scored his first goal for Western Sydney Wanderers on 18 November 2012 in just his second game, to defeat Perth Glory. In February 2013, he signed a new two-year deal with the Wanderers.
On 23 March, La Rocca was sent off in the last minute of stoppage time in the third Sydney Derby of the season for elbowing Sydney midfielder Terry Antonis in the temple. The subsequent ban meant La Rocca missed the semifinal and the final. His club nonetheless won the title in their debut season, and then won the 2014 AFC Champions League, with La Rocca starting both legs of their triumph over Al-Hilal in the final.
In June 2015, La Rocca signed a two-year contract with Adelaide United.
- Western Sydney Wanderers
- "Wanderers Complete Foreign Quota". Australian FourFourTwo. 11 September 2012. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- "Ten-Man Wanderers Stun Glory". Australian FourFourTwo. 18 November 2012. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- "La Rocca extends Wanderers contract". ESPN FC. 8 February 2013. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- "La Rocca out for the season". Australian FourFourTwo. 25 March 2013. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- "Cruz Azul 3-1 Western Sydney Wanderers". BBC Sport. 13 December 2014. Retrieved 14 December 2014.