He is the author of the travel book A Fête Worse Than Death, a humorous first person journey through an English summer, and We're British, Innit, a humorous lexicon about Britain. He has contributed to at least ten more titles.
Aitch was born in Margate, Kent and has written extensively about the area and its people. In 2011, he undertook a residency with the newly opened Turner Contemporary gallery, creating a photographic exhibit that was shown in the Margate gallery's Nothing in the World But Youth show and featured in its exhibition catalogue.
- "Contributions to books".
- "Iain Aitch". the Guardian. Retrieved 2 October 2018.
- "Iain Aitch on Dwell". Dwell. Retrieved 19 February 2021.
- "Welcome to Margate: Cultural commentator Iain Aitch reflects on his". 23 August 2013.
- "How Margate's skinheads, mods and rockers grew up". 4 October 2011.
- "Nothing in the World but Youth catalogue excerpts".
- Iain Aitch's website
- Extracts from We're British, Innit in the Independent newspaper
- Interview with Shangri-Las singer Mary Weiss in Daily Telegraph
- Iain Aitch learns to dance: A Guardian readers' article of the year