Iain Benjamin King CBE is a British writer. King was appointed a Commander of the Order of the British Empire in the 2013 Birthday Honours, for services to governance in Libya, Afghanistan and Kosovo.
In his 2008 book, How to Make Good Decisions and Be Right All the Time: Solving the Riddle of Right and Wrong, King develops a methodology for moral decision-making. King qualifies his system as quasi-utilitarian.
Secrets of the Last Nazi, based on extensive research of the Nazi era, is King's debut novel. The Sun wrote: "A brilliant but unconventional academic races shadowy agents, a deranged killer and power-mad priests to expose a vast conspiracy."
Also wrote Last Prophecy of Rome and Making Peace in War.
- King, Iain; Mason, Whit (2006). Peace at Any Price: How the World Failed Kosovo. Cornell University Press. ISBN 9780801445392.
- King, Iain (2008). How to Make Good Decisions and Be Right All the Time: Solving the Riddle of Right and Wrong. Bloomsbury Publishing. ISBN 1-84706-347-0.
- King, Iain (2014). Making Peace in War. Amazon Media.
- King, Iain (2015). Secrets of the Last Nazi. Bookouture. ISBN 1910751103
- King, Iain (2016). Last Prophecy of Rome. Bookouture.
- "Queen's birthday honours list 2013: GCB, DBE and CBE" in The Guardian. 15 June 2013. Archived 21 July 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Birthday Honours lists 2013" at gov
.uk Archived 3 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
- Oisín Tansey. Review of Peace at Any Price: How the World Failed Kosovo by Iain King, Whit Mason in International Journal, Vol. 62, No. 3, "What Kind of Security? Afghanistan and Beyond" (Summer, 2007), pp. 717-720.
- Geoff Crocker. An Enlightened Philosophy: Can an Atheist Believe Anything? John Hunt Publishing, 2011. ISBN 978-1846944246 pp. 85–86
- How to Make Good Decisions… a 62 Point Summary at iainbking
- "Bookouture snaps up Nazi conspiracy thriller". The Bookseller. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- Tom Wright. Review in The Sun. 16 July 2015, p. 54. Accessed 24 August 2015.