Iain Benjamin King CBE FRSA is a British writer. King was appointed a Commander of the Order of the British Empire in the 2013 Birthday Honours, for services to governance in Libya, Afghanistan and Kosovo. He is a former Fellow of Cambridge University.
Iain King held a senior political role in Kosovo’s UN Administration, and co-authored a book on the history of Kosovo and the difficulties of post-war state-building in the Balkans, called Peace at Any Price: How the World Failed Kosovo.
His 2008 book, How to Make Good Decisions and Be Right All the Time: Solving the Riddle of Right and Wrong, starts with a history of moral philosophy and then develops a hybrid methodology for ethical decision-making. King's approach has been described as quasi-utilitarian.
Secrets of The Last Nazi, based on extensive research of the Nazi era, is King's debut novel. The Sun wrote: "A brilliant but unconventional academic races shadowy agents, a deranged killer and power-mad priests to expose a vast conspiracy."
- King, Iain; Mason, Whit (2006). Peace at Any Price: How the World Failed Kosovo. Cornell University Press. ISBN 9780801445392.
- King, Iain (2008). How to Make Good Decisions and Be Right All the Time: Solving the Riddle of Right and Wrong. Bloomsbury Publishing. ISBN 1-84706-347-0.
- King, Iain (2014). Making Peace in War. Amazon Media.
- King, Iain (2015). Secrets of The Last Nazi. Bookouture. ISBN 1910751103
- King, Iain (2016). Last Prophecy of Rome. Bookouture.
- "Iain King". Bloomsbury. Retrieved 8 February 2017.
- "Queen's birthday honours list 2013: GCB, DBE and CBE" in The Guardian. 15 June 2013. Archived 21 July 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- "Birthday Honours lists 2013" at gov
.uk Archived 3 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- "About the Author: Iain King". Prospect. 24 April 2013. Retrieved 8 February 2017.
- "War Philosophers: How much were our ideas shaped by war?". University of Cambridge, United Kingdom. 2 June 2014. Retrieved 8 February 2017.
- "Philosophy Now". Philosophy Now. 31 January 2014. Retrieved 8 January 2017. Cite magazine requires
- Oisín Tansey. Review of Peace at Any Price: How the World Failed Kosovo by Iain King, Whit Mason in International Journal, Vol. 62, No. 3, "What Kind of Security? Afghanistan and Beyond" (Summer, 2007), pp. 717-720.
- Geoff Crocker. An Enlightened Philosophy: Can an Atheist Believe Anything? John Hunt Publishing, 2011. ISBN 978-1846944246 pp. 85–86
- Vardy, Charlotte and Peter (2012). Ethics Matters. SCM Press. p. 116. ISBN 978-0-334-04391-1.
- How to Make Good Decisions… a 62 Point Summary at iainbking
- "Bookouture snaps up Nazi conspiracy thriller". The Bookseller. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- Tom Wright. Review in The Sun. 16 July 2015, p. 54. Accessed 24 August 2015.
- "Making Peace in War". British Army Review. Retrieved 8 February 2017.