|Dr. Iain McGilchrist|
|Known for||The book The Master and His Emissary|
Iain McGilchrist is a psychiatrist, doctor, writer, and former Oxford literary scholar. McGilchrist came to prominence after the publication of his book The Master and His Emissary, subtitled The Divided Brain and the Making of the Western World.
McGilchrist read English at New College, Oxford, but having published Against Criticism in 1982, he later retrained in medicine and has been a neuroimaging researcher at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore and a Consultant Psychiatrist at the Maudsley Hospital in south London. McGilchrist is a Fellow of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, and has three times been elected a Fellow of All Souls College, Oxford.
- McGilchrist, Iain (24 May 1982). Against Criticism. London, England: Faber and Faber. ISBN 0-571-11922-0. (Hardcover)
- McGilchrist, I.; Cutting, J. (1995). "Somatic delusions in schizophrenia and the affective psychoses". British Journal of Psychiatry (Royal College of Psychiatrists) 167 (3): 350–361. doi:10.1192/bjp.167.3.350. Retrieved 2011-11-14.
- McGilchrist, Iain (June 2009). "A Problem of Symmetries". Philosophy, Psychiatry, & Psychology (The Johns Hopkins University Press) 16 (2): 161–169. doi:10.1353/ppp.0.0236. Retrieved 2010-02-06. E-ISSN 1086-3303. Print ISSN 1071-6076.
- McGilchrist, Iain (9 October 2009). The Master and His Emissary: The Divided Brain and the Making of the Western World. USA: Yale University Press. ISBN 0-300-14878-X. (Hardcover)
- Kingerlee, Roger; Testa, Rita (2011). "Review of The Master and his Emissary". Neuropsychoanalysis (Karnac Books for the International Neuropsychoanalysis Society) 12 (2): 222–226.
- Staff (2009). "Scientific and Medical Network Annual Gathering 2009 (pdf)" (PDF). The Scientific and Medical Network. Retrieved 2009-12-22.
- McGilchrist, Iain (2009). "Iain McGilchrist, author of The Master and his Emissary". iainmcgilchrist.com. Retrieved 2010-02-07. From the author's web site home page.
- McGilchrist's official website
- McGilchrist's profile at All Souls College, University of Oxford
- Video Dr. Iain McGilchrist on The Divided Brain
- Video The Divided Brain
- Video Anyone with half a brain can see that!
|This article about a non-fiction writer from the United Kingdom or one of its constituent countries is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a United Kingdom psychiatrist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|