Ian Bronson Albery (born 21 September 1936) is an English theatre consultant, manager, and producer. He is a former chief executive of Sadler's Wells Theatre (1994-2002), and was in charge of the Donmar Warehouse from 1961 to 1989.
He is the son of Sir Donald Albery, a prolific theatre manager. From 1958 through 1972, Ian Albery served as stage manager, production manager, or technical director for more than 100 West End theatre productions, including:
- West Side Story
- Irma La Douce
- The World of Suzie Wong
- The Miracle Worker
- Sparrers Can't Sing
- Beyond the Fringe
- La Bonne Soupe
- A Severed Head
- The Poker Session
- Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
- Instant Marriage
- Portrait of a Queen
- The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
- The Italian Girl
- Hadrian VII
- Man of La Mancha
- Anne of Green Gables
- Conduct Unbecoming
- The Mandrake
- Poor Horace
Albery married actress Barbara Yu Ling Lee (died 1997) in 1966. They had two sons before the marriage ended in divorce. He has a daughter from a later relationship with costume designer Jenny Beavan. In 2003 he married Judy Monahan.
- "History - Complete history", Sadler's Wells Theatre. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- Sarah Frater, "Bums on seats - by bus", FT.com, February 18, 2002. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "History" Archived 2011-12-17 at the Wayback Machine, Donmar Warehouse. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- Who's Who 1995 (127th ed.). London: A&C Black. 1995. ISBN 0713639954.
- "Albery, Ian Bronson". Oxford University Press. 1 December 2017. doi:10.1093/ww/9780199540884.013.5159. Missing or empty
|url=(help) (subscription required)
- Ian Herbert, ed. (1981). "ALBERY, Ian Bronson". Who's Who in the Theatre. 1. Gale Research Company. p. 7. ISSN 0083-9833.
|This theatrical biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|