Ian Angus (activist)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (February 2018)
Ian Angus (born 1945) is a Canadian ecosocialist activist. Angus joined the New Democratic Party (NDP) in 1962 and then the Young Socialists (YS) in Ottawa in 1964. He was active in the YS and the League for Socialist Action into the 1970s. Angus participated in the formation of the Canadian Trostkyist party Revolutionary Workers League (RWL; fusion of the LSA with the Revolutionary Marxist Group and Groupe Marxiste Revolutionaire) in 1977. He left the RWL in 1980, and has been an independent Marxist writer, educator, and activist since.
Angus is the editor of Climate and Capitalism. He founded and edited the Socialist History Project and was an editor of Socialist Voice. He was a founding member and Coordinating Committee Member of Ecosocialist International Network. He was a member of the Canadian Dimension editorial collective and an advisory editor of Socialist Resistance. In 2007 he was a co-founder of the Ecosocialist International Network; in 2008 he was co-author of the EIN's Belem Ecosocialist Declaration. In addition to authoring several articles in Climate and Capitalism and numerous contributions to Monthly Review, Angus has written articles for New Scientist and International Socialism, and has authored three books, co-authored one (with Simon Butler, co-editor of Green Left Weekly), and edited another (see below).
- Author of A Redder Shade of Green: Intersections of Science and Socialism (Monthly Review Press, 2017)
- Author of Facing the Anthropocene: Fossil Capitalism and the Crisis of the Earth System (Monthly Review Press, 2016)
- Co-author, with Simon Butler, Too Many People? Population, Immigration, and the Environmental Crisis (Haymarket Books, 2011)
- Editor of The Global Fight for Climate Justice: Anticapitalist Responses to Global Warming and Environmental Destruction (Resistance Books, 2009)
- Author of Canadian Bolsheviks: The Early Years of the Communist Party of Canada (Vanguard Publications 1981; Second edition Trafford Publishing, 2004)
- See biographical information at Climate and Capitalism and at Socialist History Project
- "Editorial Board". Archived from the original on 2015-10-23. Retrieved 2014-07-27.
- Ian's notebook
- Author profile
- Including population control in climate policy risks human tragedy
- Illusions of world-ecology
- Green Left Weekly
- New book: The Global Fight for Climate Justice
- Socialist History Project
- Socialist Voice
- Climate and Capitalism
- Ecosocialist International Network
- Canadian Dimension