|Full name||Ian Bermingham|
|Date of birth||16 June 1989|
|Place of birth||Dublin, Ireland|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Playing position||Left back|
|St Patrick's Athletic|
|2010–||St Patricks Athletic||211||(6)|
|2008–2009||Republic of Ireland U21||3||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 01:46, 27 March 2017 (UTC).
Bermingham was signed by UCD in April 2007 from schoolboy side Lourdes Celtic.
At Belfield Park he went straight into the first team squad and made his debut as a late substitute against Waterford United on 6 April 2007. Bermingham made his first start for the club in a League of Ireland Cup game against Kildare County later that month and was a first team regular from then, solving UCD's long-term search for a left back. His displays impressed other clubs as well, and both Stockport County and Gretna expressed an interest in signing him. Stockport were rumoured to have signed him, but Bermingham ended months of speculation by signed a new contract and retained his left back berth at UCD going into the 2008 season.
He signed for Shamrock Rovers on 23 February 2009. Bermingham made 18 appearances for the Hoops in their inaugural season in Tallaght Stadium including the historic first game, and against Real Madrid.
St Patricks Athletic
He signed for St Patrick's Athletic in January 2010 to hook up with his old manager Pete Mahon, and "Bermo" scored his first goal for his new club at his old club, Shamrock Rovers. After making 52 league appearances for the Saints over two seasons, Bermingham signed a new contract with the Inchicore club to stay for the 2012 season. Bermingham made his 200th appearance for Pats on the 28th February 2015 when he captained the side vs Dundalk in the 2015 President's Cup at Oriel Park
Bermingham has been capped at various underage levels for the Republic of Ireland. While at Lourdes he represented the U18 Republic of Ireland national football team which won the Lisbon Trophy in March 2007.
He received a call-up to the U21 squad for the first time in August 2008 for a friendly match against Austria but was forced to pull out due to injury. He was once again named in the U21 squad for the qualifying games against Bulgaria and Portugal but was still suffering from the same injury that forced him out of the previous game. Bermingham finally made his debut for the U21 team when he played the full 90 minutes in a friendly game against Lithuania in October 2008.
Bermingham earned his first competitive cap in Cork against Turkey in March 2009.
St Patrick's Athletic
- Leinster Senior Cup (2): 2011, 2014
- League of Ireland (1): 2013
- FAI President's Cup (1): 2014
- FAI Cup (1): 2014
- League of Ireland Cup (2): 2015, 2016
- PFAI Team of the Year (3): 2012, 2013, 2014
- St Patrick's Athletic Player of the Season (2): 2012, 2016
- Shed End Invincibles Player of the season (1): 2016
Professional appearances – correct as of 20 April 2017.
|St Patrick's Athletic||2010||25||1||5||1||2||0||–||–||3||0||35||2|
- "Ian Bermingham". foot.ie, 4 September 2007.
- "Ian Bermingham". foot.ie. 29 September 2007.
- http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/pressrelease.php?subaction=showfull&id=1235402094&archive=&start_from=&ucat=10&[permanent dead link]
- "Four changes to Ireland Under-21 squad for Austria friendly". fai.ie, 15 August 2008.
- "Amond and Moloney drafted into Ireland Under-21 squad". fai.ie, 1 September 2008.
- "Ireland Under-21s power past Lithuania". fai.ie, 14 October 2008.