Italo Prospero Brusasco|
|Other names||Jim Brusasco|
|Alma mater||University of Queensland|
|Spouse(s)||Patricia Brusasco OAM|
Mark Brusasco Linda Brusasco
Ian Brusasco AO is an Australian businessman.
Ian Brusasco was born Italo Prospero Brusasco in 1928 to parents from the small Italian town of Cuccaro Monferrato (his cousin Pier Giuseppe Brusasco was mayor of the town until 2009). Brusasco attended St Joseph's College, Nudgee where he played in the Rugby First XV.
After initially intending to study medicine, Brusasco changed to pharmacy. He qualified as a pharmacist in 1955 and opened his own pharmacy soon after. He expanded and eventually owned several pharmacies in the Brisbane area.
Brusasco played for the University of Queensland Rugby Club and represented Queensland. There was once speculation that he would be selected for the Australian team; however, a bout of hepatitis spelt an end to his rugby career.
On 26 January 1988, Brusasco was named a Member of the Order of Australia "in recognition of service to the sport of soccer". On 1 January 2001, he was awarded the Centenary Medal for "distinguished service to business and commerce". On 11 June 2012, he was named an Officer of the Order of Australia for "distinguished service to the community of Queensland through leadership roles with a range of public administration, sporting and charitable organisations, particularly Foodbank Queensland".
- Kerby, Martin (December 2008). "Ian Brusasco AM" (PDF). Nth Degree. Virginia, Queensland: St Joseph’s Nudgee College. 2: 10–11. Retrieved 4 January 2011.
- "Elezioni Amministrative 6-7 giugno 2009 - Comunali - PIEMONTE - Cuccaro Monferrato". la Repubblica (in Italian). Gruppo Editoriale L’Espresso Spa. 8 June 2009. Retrieved 4 January 2011.
- "Ian Brusasco AM - Guild Destinguished Service Recipent [sic]" (PDF). Queensland Guild News Online. The Pharmacy Guild of Australia: 8. November 2007. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 July 2008. Retrieved 22 September 2015.
- Jackman, Christine (2009). "A State of Mind". Inside Kevin07: the people, the plan, the prize. Melbourne University Publishing. pp. 176–177. ISBN 0-522-85572-5.
- "Queensland Reds REPRESENTING THE UNIVERSITY OF QUEENSLAND FOOTBALL CLUB". University of Queensland Rugby Football Club. Retrieved 4 January 2011.
- Tierney, Frank (11 May 1951). "Four Have Big Union Chance". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 5 January 2011.
- Davidson, Neville. "Doubt On Two Union Men In Test". The Courier-Mail. Retrieved 5 January 2011.
- "Soccer bosses welcome new dawn". The World Today. true. 17 November 2005. ABC Local Radio.
- "Ian Brusasco AM". Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet. Retrieved 4 January 2011.
- "Ian Brusasco". Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- "Officer (AO) in the General Division of the Order of Australia - The Queen's Birthday 2012 Honours Lists" (PDF). Official Secretary to the Governor-General of Australia. 11 June 2012. p. 4. Archived from the original (PDF) on 17 June 2012.