Ian Cameron (musician)
Ian Cameron is a Canadian fiddler and composer based in British Columbia. He also plays guitar and mandolin. He has performed and recorded with several bands, including Strange Advance, Faith and Desire, and the duo Ruckus Deluxe. He collaborated with Arun Shenoy on the Grammy-nominated album Rumbadoodle.
Cameron was born in Vancouver, British Columbia. He studied classical violin.
After the breakup of Strange Advance, Cameron joined the quartet Faith and Desire, which performed internationally and which had released two albums by 2012.
Cameron and guitarist Chad Oliver formed the band Ruckus Deluxe, based in Whistler, BC, in which Cameron plays fiddle, mandolin and electric guitar. The pair played a mix of country, rock and pop music, and released an album, Better at Night.
In 2013, while living in Coquitlam, Cameron recorded on the album Rumbadoodle, and co-wrote two of its songs. The album was a project of Arun Shenoy, and much of the music was created through long-distance collaboration. The album was nominated for a Grammy Award as Best Pop Instrumental in 2013. Cameron also contributed to Shenoy's 2016 release A Stagey Bank Affair.
- "Literature with Musical Content". The Canadian Encyclopedia.
- "Ruckus Deluxe fiddler earns Grammy nod ". Pique, January 10, 2013, Alyssa Noel
- "Coquitlam man is headed to Grammy Awards".TRi-City News, February 1, 2013, by Janis Warren.
- "Strange Advance". Canadian Pop Music Encyclopedia, December 7, 2004. Archived at the Wayback Machine.
- "Faith & Desire". Kerrisdale Insider, June 28, 2012. Sarah Gordon
- Folly’offers ghosts of the Fraser". Prince George Free Press, 21 Oct 2002
- " The Tiller's Folly: A Ripple in Time". AllMusic Review by Mark Allan
- "Squamish Valley Music Festival Band of the Day: Ruckus Deluxe". Georgia Straight, by Miranda Nelson on July 23, 2013
- [http://vancouverscape.com/raising-the-roof-in-whistler/ "2 Comments Raising the Roof in Whistler"] Vancouverscape, By Ariane Colenbrander, June 11, 2013.
- "Violinist off to the Grammys". Janis Cleugh / Tri-City News, January 31, 2013
- "Arun Shenoy – Rumbadoodle - Best Album of the Month". ReviewsNewAge, Mar 4, 2013
- "Not So Cute". Zone Music Reporter, RJ Lannan on 11/22/2013
- "Fiddler Ian Cameron hopes for Grammy Gold". Vancouver Sun, Feb 9, 2013
- "Arun Shenoy “A Stagey Bank Affair”". Dick Metcalf, Contemporary Fusion Reviews, October 23, 2016
- "Most northerly concert in the world. The Aurora Newspaper, Jan 30, 2014
This article needs additional or more specific categories. (October 2018)