|Born||Ian William Chubb
17 October 1943
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
|Alma mater||University of Oxford,
University of Ghent (Belgium)
|Awards||Officer of the Order of Australia (1999),
Companion of the Order of Australia (2006),
ACT Australian of the Year (2011)
He was Deputy Vice Chancellor of the University of Wollongong (1986–1990), Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor at Monash University (1993–1995) and Vice Chancellor of Flinders University (1995–2000).
In 1999 he was appointed an Officer of the Order of Australia "for service to the development of Higher Education policy & its implementation at state, national & international levels, as an administrator in the Tertiary Education sector, & to research, particularly in the field of neuroscience". In 2001 he was awarded the Centenary Medal "for service to Australian society through tertiary education and university administration". In 2006 he was appointed a Companion of the Order "for service to higher education, including research and development policy in the pursuit of advancing the national interest socially, economically, culturally and environmentally, and to the facilitation of a knowledge based global economy".
He was the Vice-Chancellor of the Australian National University from 2001 to 2011.
He is a former president of the Australian Vice-Chancellors' Committee, chairman of the Group of Eight university lobby group, and president of the International Alliance of Research Universities (2006–2009).
- "Officer of the Order of Australia". It's an Honour. 7 June 1999.
- "Centenary Medal". It's an Honour. 1 January 2001.
- "Companion of the Order of Australia". It's an Honour. 12 June 2006.
- Australia gets a new Chief Scientist Archived 23 April 2011 at the Wayback Machine., Life Scientist, 19 April 2011.
- Professor Ian Chubb AC Higher education icon Archived 16 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine., ACT Australian of the Year, 2011.
- Greg Combet (21 June 2012). "Strong Board appointed for Climate Change Authority". Media Release. Australian Government. Archived from the original on 30 April 2013. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- "Alan Finkel appointed Australia's next Chief Scientist". The Sydney Morning Herald. 27 October 2015. Retrieved 28 October 2015.
- ANU: An enduring legacy: Ian Chubb’s leadership of ANU
- ACT Australian of the Year 2011
- on YouTube
- Chubb's doctoral thesis, "Studies on neuronal proteins"
|Chief Scientist of Australia
|Vice-Chancellor of the Australian National University