Ian Crawford (musician)
|Birth name||Ian Miles Crawford|
|Born||September 29, 1988|
Eugene, Oregon, U.S.
Ian Miles Crawford (born September 29, 1988) is an American musician and vocalist born in Eugene, Oregon. He is most prominently known for being a guitarist and backing vocalist for a number of different bands including The Cab, Panic! at the Disco, Never Shout Never, and The Academy Is... In 2016, he founded the rock and roll group The Contestants, which released their debut studio album, No Contest, in May 2016.
On April 1, 2018, Ian released his solo album, Grand Wheel.
He was lead guitarist of The Cab from 2007 until his departure in 2009. On June 1, 2009 The Cab's lead singer Alexander DeLeon announced on his blog that guitarist Ian Crawford had decided to leave the band. Although DeLeon did say that Crawford had decided to leave due to creative differences, there seemed to be no animosity between him and the band. For their upcoming "What Happens in Vegas..." tour, The Cab announced that their friend Bryan Dawson would be replacing Crawford.
Crawford was also a touring guitarist for Panic! at the Disco. In 2009, after the departure of Ryan Ross and Jon Walker, Crawford joined Panic! at the Disco as their touring guitarist. He left the band in 2012, explaining that he wished to make "real, genuine" music.
On June 11, 2014, it was announced that Crawford would become the lead guitarist of Never Shout Never. On November 24, 2015, it was confirmed by Crawford himself that he was kicked out of the band. Crawford also announced that he would go on tour with The Academy Is... on their 10th anniversary tour.
Ian is also a member of the Seattle band The Hollers.
In 2018, Ian released his solo album Grand Wheel.
- Grand Wheel (2018)
- "Losing My Religion" (R.E.M. cover)
- "Over My Head, Over Me (demo)
- "Better in Time" music by Ian Crawford lyrics by Ren Patrick
With The Cab
- Whisper War (2008)
- Welcome to the New Administration (2008)
- Punk Goes Pop 2 (2008)
- The Lady Luck EP (2009)
- "Take My Hand (Remix)(feat. Cassadee Pope)", "Diamonds Are Forever (And Forever Is A Long Time)" & "Lights"
- Symphony Soldier (2011)
- Tramps (2010)
- Stamps Ventures of a Lifetime (2011)
With Play For Keeps
- 2010 Goodbye Natural, Hello Manmade. – guitar on "X.I.F."
With Dallon Weekes
- 2010 guitar on "Skid Row (Downtown)" (Little Shop of Horrors)
- 2008 guitar and vocals on "Under Your Skin"
With Never Shout Never
- Dear friends message at symphonysoldier.com
- Trimboli, Grant. "P!ATD TOURING MEMBER IAN CRAWFORD LEAVING TO MAKE "REAL, GENUINE" MUSIC". Under The Gun Review. Retrieved 2 December 2015.
- Never Shout Never [@NSNOfficial] (11 June 2014). "Please welcome @TheIanCrawford into #neverSHOUTnever :-) he is the new lead guitar player!" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Crawford, Ian. "Well, now that the cat is finally out of the bag, I guess I'll speak up..." Facebook. Retrieved 30 November 2015.
- "No Contest | The Contestants". Thecontestants.bandcamp.com. Retrieved 2016-12-19.
- Cab, The – The Lady Luck EP (CD) at Discogs. Discogs.com. Retrieved on 2011-10-17.
- iTunes – Music – Goodbye Natural, Hello Manmade by Play for Keeps. Itunes.apple.com (August 28, 2010). Retrieved on 2011-10-17.