Ian Davis (businessman)
Ian Edward Lamert Davis
10 March 1951
Kent, United Kingdom
|Alma mater||Oxford University|
|Occupation||Consultant, management expert|
|Employer||McKinsey & Company|
|Salary||$ 5–10 million + (estimate)|
|Net worth||$ 50–100 million + (estimate)|
|Title||Senior Partner Emeritus|
|Term||2003–2009 (Managing director)|
Ian Edward Lamert Davis (born 10 March 1951) is an English businessman, best known for his role as managing director of McKinsey & Company. He succeeded Rajat Gupta on 1 July 2003. He joined McKinsey in 1979  retired in 2010, after 7 years at the Bowater-Scott Corporation and currently serves as a senior partner emeritus.
Davis was born in Kent, UK. Prior to becoming managing director, he was office manager of McKinsey's London and UK office. He has an undergraduate degree in Philosophy, Politics and Economics from Balliol College, University of Oxford. He is a member of the board of BP.
Davis is a Non-Executive Director at Johnson & Johnson Inc, BP plc, Teach For All Inc, Big Society Trust and Majid Al Futtaim Holdings LLC. He is a Senior Adviser to Apax Partners LLP, a Non-Executive Board Member at the UK Cabinet Office and an Advisory Director of King Abdullah Petroleum Studies and Research Centre.
- Non-executive Director BP plc since 2 April 2010
- Independent Non-Executive Director Johnson & Johnson Inc
- Non-Executive Director Majid Al Futtaim Holdings LLC
- Non-Executive Director Teach For All Inc
- Non-Executive Director Big Society Trust
- Non-Executive Member of UK Cabinet Office
- Senior Adviser to McKinsey & Company
- Senior Adviser to Apax LLP
- Advisory Director to King Abdullah Petroleum Study and Research Centre
- International Business Council of the World Economic Forum
- Conference Board, member Board of Trustees
- Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge, Advisory Board member
- City of Beijing, Advisory Board member
- "2000s". McKinsey & Company. About Us. Archived from the original on October 29, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- "Ian Davis". BP. Archived from the original on October 26, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- "Former McKinsey & Company Chairman and Managing Director Ian Davis Appointed to Johnson & Johnson Board of Directors". Johnson & Johnson. 19 July 2010. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- Hirst, Clayton (January 20, 2002). "The Lowdown: The Might of the McKinsey Mob ; It's Big in Business and Big in Politics. Clayton Hirst Investigates Britain's Most Powerful Old Boys' Network". The Independent. Archived from the original on November 5, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- "Ian Davis". Rolls-Royce. Archived from the original on 26 October 2013. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
| Managing director of McKinsey & Company, Inc.
2003 – 2009
Sir Simon Robertson
| Chairman of Rolls-Royce Group PLC|
2013 – present
|This United Kingdom business–related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|