||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (March 2010)|
Ian Durrant in 1994
|Full name||Ian Durrant|
|Date of birth||29 October 1966|
|Place of birth||Glasgow, Scotland|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|1994||→ Everton (loan)||5||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Durrant started his career at Rangers and made his debut against Greenock Morton in April 1985. The following season, he was a regular fixture in the Rangers team and scored in his Old Firm debut that season. Durrant was fined £1500 by Rangers in 1987 after his involvement in an incident in a kebab shop after Rangers had won the league championship. In October 1988 Durrant suffered a career-threatening knee injury in a match with Aberdeen at Pittodrie. A challenge by Aberdeen's Neil Simpson left him out of competitive football for almost three years. He made his return in April 1991 in a reserve fixture against Hibernian and was welcomed back by 47,453 Rangers fans. Durrant went on to play a part in both Rangers 1992/93 Champions League and Rangers' run of finally equalling Celtic's nine successive league championships, the last of which was clinched in 1997.
In 2005 he returned to Rangers as coach of the under-19s and, later, the reserve team. Following the resignation of Paul Le Guen as Rangers manager on 4 January 2007, Durrant was caretaker manager until Walter Smith was appointed manager. Durrant lost his only game in charge of the first team, a Scottish Cup tie at Dunfermline Athletic. Durrant worked as a coach of the Rangers first team under Walter Smith and Ally McCoist. He was demoted in December 2014 to a position with the Rangers under-20 team, after McCoist left the club. Durrant left Rangers in June 2016.
- Souness broke off our big title party to fine me pounds 1500; SAYS IAN DURRANT Daily Record, 8 April 1998
- "Durrant quits over knee injury" BBC Sport website (26 April 2002)
- "Scotland 2-0 Hungary" ScottishFA.co.uk
- "Republic of Ireland 1-2 Scotland". Scottish FA.
- "Durrant leaves Killie for Rangers". BBC Sport. BBC. 17 February 2005.
- "Dunfermline 3-2 Rangers". BBC Sport. BBC. 7 January 2007.
- "Ian Durrant backs Rangers' class of 2008". Daily Telegraph. 23 April 2008.
- "Rangers: Gordon Durie to replace Ian Durrant in backroom team". BBC Sport. BBC.
- Wilson, Richard (9 June 2016). "Rangers: Ian Durrant to leave Ibrox in shake-up of coaching staff". BBC Sport. BBC. Retrieved 9 June 2016.