Ian Gibson (businessman)
Sir Ian Gibson CBE (born 1 February 1947) is a businessman who has chaired or been on the board of a number of Britain's largest companies . His previous chairmanships include British Plaster Board, Wm Morrison Supermarkets, Trinity Mirror, the owner of the Daily Mirror and other regional publications, and Deputy Chairman of ASDA plc. Gibson has also held Non-Executive Directorships at Greggs plc., GKN plc., ASDA plc.  and Northern Rock plc.
Gibson initial career was in the car industry, spending 15 years at Ford Motor Company working in industrial relations and manufacturing management as General Operations Manager and in the UK, Germany and Spain. and then 18 years with Nissan Motor Company Ltd where he was Chief Executive in the UK and Europe and was on the Japanese Main Board. He is also a Member of Court at the Bank of England.
Gibson was a made a CBE in 1990, and knighted in 1999. and currently (2014) lives in York with his wife Jane and has three children from his former marriages, one of whom is Janine Gibson, the deputy editor of Guardian News and Media, part of the Guardian Media Group.
- "Weekend Birthdays". The Guardian. London: Guardian News & Media: 46. 1 February 2014.
- Farley-Jones, Daniel (28 April 2006). "Trinity Mirror appoint Sir Ian Gibson as chairman". BrandRepublic. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "Public Interest Body Members". PricewaterhouseCoopers. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "Notice 1SI (Issue 55610)". Central Chancery of the Orders of Knighthood. The London Gazette. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "Now Jane visits her own vision". The News. Newsquest (Yorkshire and Northeast) Ltd. 16 November 2012.
- "Business profile: Gibson in the Mirror", Sunday Telegraph, 30 April 2006
- Ravi Somaiya "Guardian to Make Management Changes", New York Times, 6 March 2014