Ian Kelly (songwriter)
Ian Kelly, (born Ian Couture; March 30, 1979; Montreal, Quebec) is a Canadian singer-songwriter. Based out of Montreal, he has released four full-length albums. His first, Ian Kelly's Insecurity in 2005 was self-produced. His second, Speak Your Mind was released in 2008 by Quebec leading indie label, Audiogram (label). This sophomore outing sold over 45 000 copies in Canada since its release date of September 2, 2008. It was certified GOLD in Canada by CRIA in March 2011. His third album, "Diamonds & Plastic" was released in May 2011. It debuted at #8 in Canada and #3 in Quebec, behind only Lady Gaga and Adele. The album has now sold over 15 000 copies in Canada. Ian has toured over 75 dates in support of "Diamonds & Plastic" in 2011-2012, including festivals in Canada, Belgium and France. "All These Lines", Ian Kelly's fourth album, was released in Canadian stores on November 5, 2013. It debuted in the iTunes top 10 albums in Canada alongside Eminem, Arcade Fire, Celine Dion, Lorde, Katy Perry, Avril Lavigne and Glee.
- Insecurity - (2005)
- Speak Your Mind - (2008) (CRIA certified Gold - March 2011)
- Diamonds & Plastic - (2011)
- All these lines - (2013)
- Christmas Day - (2014) See on iTunes
- Ian Kelly Live/ All These Lines Tour - (2015) See on iTunes
- Superfolk - (2016)
Awards & Distinctions
- CRIA – Gold certification - Speak Your Mind - for 40 000 units sold - ADISQ Gala double-nominee (Best Non-francophone Artist & Best Anglophone Album) 2014 + 2012 + 2009 - Quebec Arts Council Grantee – 2012 (songwriting + travel grants) + 2008 (songwriting) - Canadian Arts Council Grantee – 2009 (songwriting) - Rideau/LOJIQ Award 2010 – Best showcase
ALBUMS - All These Lines – debuted in the iTunes Top 10 Canadian album sales - Diamonds & Plastic debuted at #3 in Quebec and #8 in Canada – 1st week - Diamonds & Plastic - over 15 000 units sold in Canada - Speak Your Mind - over 45 000 units sold in Canada
CONCERTS - 2012 – Main stage headliner at Montreal Jazz Fest (over 50 000 crowd) + 50 domestic shows - 2012 – Official SXSW showcase performer - 2011 – Invited to represent Canada at MIDEM (France) and Reeperbahn (Germany) - 2010 – Main Stage at Osheaga, FrancoFolies de Spa (7 concerts), Montréal Winter Highlights
- In support of 4th album: on tour right now - over 40 confirmed shows - In support of 3rd album: 125 domestic shows/20 international shows - In support of 2nd album: 135 domestic shows/35 international shows - Recording at the Montreal Apple Store as part of « Live From… » series –January 2009 - Support for Christophe Maé (Brussels – 8000 seats), Katie Melua, Isabelle Boulay, Alanis Morrissette, Meaghan Smith, Jenn Grant, Sarah Slean, Cake, Shawn Phillips, Joseph Arthur, - Sold out shows in Montréal (3XCorona), Terrebonne (3X), Trois-Rivières (4X), Lévis, Ste-Thérèse, Chicoutimi, Québec (6X), Waterloo, Lavaltrie (8X), Gatineau, Cowansville, Maskinongé, Val-David (5X), Sorel, Pont-Rouge, St-Romuald, Iles-de-la-Madeleine, New Richmond
RADIO - New release (Sept. 2014): I'm On Your Side in Quebec - Do You Love The Rain hit top 20 chart in Quebec radio - I Would Have You, Drinking Alone and White Wedding hit top 25 chart in Quebec radio - Take Me Home and Complicated were in the Quebec Top 100 radio single chart for 2010 - Take Me Home was on the Top 100 BDS chart for 31 consecutive weeks, including 16 in the top 50
On air presence and performances: Canada Live: Haiti Special – CBC / Homerun – CBC / Routes_Montreal – CBC / DayBreak – CBC / All in a weekend – CBC / Made in Canada – CHOM / Les Grandes Gueules – Énergie / Du jus et Dufort – CKOI 96,9 FM / Puisqu’il faut se lever + Isabelle, le matin – 98,5 FM / Tout l’monde debout – Rock Détente / Christiane Charrette – Radio-Canada / Carte Blanche avec Sonia Benezra – 98,5 FM / Je l’ai vu à la Radio – SRC / CD le passage – M103,5 FM / Le Buzz – 98,9 Énergie QC / Daignault en supplémentaire – 98,5 FM / Le 4 à 6 – CIBL /
TELEVISION - Closing performance on Patrick Huard’s 40th birthday TV show - 1,1 million viewers - TVA - Vidéoclip Take Me Home hit # 1 on MusiMax (MaxFact supported)
Other presence and performances on TV : This Morning Live! – Global TV / Salut Bonjour! –TVA / Belle & Bum – Télé-Québec / En direct de l’Univers… - Radio-Canada / Le Show du matin – V / Breakfast Television (Winnipeg & Calgary) – City-TV / M pour Musique – Radio-Canada / Capsules Sirius – TVA / Le Retour de Benoit Gagnon - TQS / Ça manque à ma culture – Télé-Québec / Pour le plaisir – Radio-Canada / Cocktail Pop – Musimax / Matin Express – RDI / Ici et Là - Canal Vox / Baromètre – Canal Vox / Téléthon Enfant Soleil - TVA
PLUS - 2012 - Ian Kelly joins the ranks of Gold Tone Guitars supported recording and touring artists - 2006 - Ian Kelly joins the ranks of Taylor Guitars supported recording and touring artists - 2006 - MMIM signs a national distribution agreement with Outside Music - 2005 - Ian Kelly joins the ranks of Sennheiser Canada supported artists and supported engineers
- Soundscan National Sales Report, week ending 29 August 2010
- Equivalent of Grammys for French Canada. For further info, http://www.adisq.com/even-gala/2009/index-nomin.html
- Equivalent of Grammys for French Canada. For further info, http://www.adisq.com/even-gala/2012/index-nomin.html
- Equivalent of Grammys for French Canada. For further info, "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-10-06. Retrieved 2014-10-03.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-10-25. Retrieved 2014-10-31.