Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Genre||Australian Contemporary Poetry|
Ian McBryde is an Australian poet. He was born in 1953 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada but has been a long time Australian resident. He has published ten books of poems and three audio CDs of spoken word poetry and original music  A widely admired poet in Australia his most recent, and tenth book, a new and selected publication, was highly anticipated by his contemporaries. We the Mapless: new and selected poems was launched in Melbourne, Australia, at Collected Works Bookshop in February 2017  and at The Queensland Poetry Festival at the Judith Wright Centre for Contemporary Arts in August, 2017.
In addition to writing poetry, McBryde has also painted and sketched, and spent time as a drummer in progressive jazz-rock bands.
- The Shade of Angels, 1990 
- The Familiar, 1994, Hale and Iremonger 
- Flank, (book with enclosed CD) 1998, Eaglemont Press.
- Equatorial, 2001 
- Ground Floor, 2002 
- Ambulance : and other poems, 2003, Picara Press 
- Domain, 2004, Five Islands Press 
- Slivers, 2005, Flat Chat Press 
- The Adoption Order, 2009 Five Islands Press 
- We the Mapless: New and Selected Poems, 2017 Bareknuckle Books 
- At Land's End
- The Still Company
- The Age Poetry Book of the Year, 2005: Domain (shortlisted)
- The bibliography of Australian literature edited by John Arnold, John Hay, Sally Batten, Kerry Kilner, Terence O'Neill, University of Queensland Press, 2008, ISBN 978-0-7022-3598-6 (see page 348)
- "McBryde, Ian". AustLit. 11 September 2006. Retrieved 27 January 2010.
- McBryde, Ian; Riddell, Greg (1998). Flank. Clifton Hill, Vic: Eaglemont Press.
Performers on CD: Greg Riddell, keyboards, multisync, samples; Ian McBryde, voice, text, drum sequences.
- "SOFTBLOW | Ian McBryde". www.softblow.org. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- "Launch: Ian McBryde's We the Mapless". Melbourne Spoken Word. 7 February 2017. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- "Ian McBryde – Queensland Poetry Festival". www.queenslandpoetryfestival.com. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- Prater, David Interview with McBryde, ' Cordite Poetry Review Aug 23 2004
- McBryde, Ian (1990). The shade of angels. Brighton North, Vic. : Radial.
- McBryde, Ian (1994). The familiar. Sydney : Hale & Iremonger. ISBN 0868065196.
- McBryde, Ian (2001). Equatorial. Wollongong, N.S.W. : Five Islands Press. ISBN 0864187173.
- McBryde, Ian (2002). Ground floor. Port Melbourne : Slow Joe Crow Press.
- McBryde, Ian (2003). Ambulance : and other poems. Warners Bay, N.S.W. : Picara Press.
- McBryde, Ian (2004). Domain. Wollongong, N.S.W. : Five Islands Press. ISBN 1741280451.
- McBryde, Ian (2005). Slivers. Greensborough, Vic. : Flat Chat Press. ISBN 0975720279.
- McBryde, Ian (2009). The adoption order. Parkville, Vic : 5 Islands Press. ISBN 9780734040572.
- McBryde, Ian (2017). We the mapless : new and selected poems. Brisbane, Australia Bareknuckle Books. ISBN 9780994186164.
- "Ian McBryde | Rochford Street Review". rochfordstreetreview.com. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Ian McBryde|