Ian McBryde is an Australian poet. He was born in 1953 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada but has been a long time Australian resident.
In addition to writing poetry, McBryde has also painted and sketched, and spent time as a drummer in progressive jazz-rock bands.
McBryde's 2005 book ' Slivers' consists entirely of Monostich style poems that attempt to relate a whole poem in one line.
- The Shade of Angels, 1990
- The Familiar, 1994, Hale and Iremonger
- Flank, (book with enclosed CD) 1998, Eaglemont Press.
- Equatorial, 2001
- Ground Floor, 2002
- Domain, 2004, Five Islands Press
- Slivers, 2005, Flat Chat Press
- The Adoption Order, 2009 Five Islands Press
- We the Mapless: New and Selected Poems, 2017 Bareknuckle Books
- At Land's End
- The Still Company
- The bibliography of Australian literature edited by John Arnold, John Hay, Sally Batten, Kerry Kilner, Terence O'Neill, University of Queensland Press, 2008, ISBN 978-0-7022-3598-6 (see page 348)
- ^ "McBryde, Ian". AustLit. 11 September 2006. Retrieved 27 January 2010.
- ^ Prater, David Interview with McBryde, ' Cordite Poetry Review Aug 23 2004