|Member of the Scottish Parliament
3 May 2007 – 22 March 2011
|Political party||Scottish National Party|
Born in South Shields, England, McKee was educated at Fettes College in Edinburgh and at the University of Edinburgh. He then became a hospital doctor in the National Health Service, before becoming a Medical Officer in the Royal Air Force (RAF) from 1966 to 1971. He worked as a general practitioner in a medical practice in Wester Hailes, Edinburgh. He formerly wrote a column in The Scotsman newspaper.
In 2010, at the age of 70, he announced that he would not be standing for re-election.
- "Previous MSPs: Session 3 (2007-2011): Ian McKee MSP". The Scottish Parliament. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- "Ian McKee MSP biography pages". Scottish Parliament. Archived from the original on 31 August 2010.
- "Ian McKee reveals plan to quit Holyrood". The Scotsman. 29 May 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- "Ian McKee: Register of Interest". Scottish Parliament. Archived from the original on 31 August 2010.
- "Elections May 2007". Edinburgh South SNP. Archived from the original on 30 May 2008. Retrieved 31 January 2009.