Ian McLeod (referee)
McLeod took charge of two matches in the 1998 African Nations Cup in Burkina Faso - the game between Ghana and Tunisia on 9 February 1998, and the encounter involving Ivory Coast and Egypt on 21 February 1998.
He was appointed to officiate in the 1998 FIFA World Cup in France, and took control of just one match, the 0-0 draw in Group D on 19 June 1998 between Spain and Paraguay, played at Stade Geoffroy-Guichard, Saint-Étienne.
After his retirement from active refereeing, he assisted the Council of Southern Africa Football Associations (COSAFA) as a Match commissioner, overseeing the COSAFA Castle Cup Group C semi-final between Botswana and Namibia in July 2007. He is also chairman of the South African Football Association Technical Committee.
A few years after his retirement he joined Crawford Preparatory Pretoria where he was the principal and died on Thursday 26 October 2017.
- Birthdate confirmation Archived 29 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine: weltfussball.de (in German) website.
- Other occupation and FIFA referee commencement confirmations: Andrew's Soccer Page, Andrew Skelton's personal website.
- 1996 African Nations Cup Archived 29 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine, Algeria v. Sierra Leone: weltfussball.de (in German) website.
- 1997 FIFA Confederations Cup, two matches refereed: rsssf.com statistical website.
- 1998 African Nations Cup Archived 29 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine, two matches refereed: weltfussball.de (in German) website.
- Spain v. Paraguay Archived 30 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine, 1998 World Cup, Group D: report from CNN website.
- COSAFA Castle Cup Archived 14 August 2007 at the Wayback Machine, match schedule: Cosafa.com website.
- COSAFA Castle Cup Archived 27 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine, list of match officials: Cosafa.com website.
- "Chairman of SAFA Technical Committee" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 November 2007. Retrieved 7 September 2016.: HTML version of a PDF document at TheFA.com website.