Ian Morris (footballer)
Morris playing for Northampton Town in 2013
|Full name||Ian Morris|
|Date of birth||27 February 1987|
|Place of birth||Dublin, Ireland|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|2005–2006||→ Blackpool (loan)||30||(3)|
|2009||→ Carlisle United (loan)||6||(0)|
|2009–2010||→ Chesterfield (loan)||7||(0)|
|2010–2011||→ Chesterfield (loan)||19||(1)|
|2015||St Patrick's Athletic||7||(0)|
|Republic of Ireland U19||10||(3)|
|2007||Republic of Ireland U21||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 07:50, 11 March 2017 (UTC).
Dublin-born Morris came through the youth ranks at Leeds United. After being on the fringes of the first-team squad, he spent the majority of the 2005–06 season on loan at Blackpool, for whom he scored three goals in 30 appearances before returning to Leeds United, where he was a reserve team player, usually playing as a left-sided midfielder or striker.
Morris had two loan spells with Chesterfield during the 2009–10 season. In July 2010, he signed a year-long loan deal to return to the Spireites for the 2010–11 campaign. Morris played 21 games in the 2010–11 season which saw Chesterfield win the Football League Two title.
On 23 July 2015, Morris returned home to Dublin and signed for League of Ireland club St Patrick's Athletic. He made his debut the next day, in a 3–0 win away to Sligo Rovers. Morris scored the winning penalty in a 4–2 penalty shoot-out win against Dublin rivals Shamrock Rovers, to put Pats' into the 2015 League of Ireland Cup Final. On 5 March 2016, it was announced Morris had joined NIFL Premiership side Glenavon, however in May 2016 he took a position with League of Ireland side Bohemians as their Youth Development Officer.
On 5 July Bohemians announced Morris had signed as a player for the club, and was due to join the squad immediately. Morris made his first team debut for the club on 9 July in a mid-season friendly at home to Portsmouth.
St Patrick's Athletic
- "Chesterfield sign Scunthorpe's Ian Morris on loan". BBC Sport. British Broadcasting Corporation. 15 July 2010. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- "Torquay United sign ex-Scunthorpe midfielder Ian Morris". BBC Sport. 18 July 2011. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- "Northampton Town: Ian Morris signs as Guttridge & Harding leave". BBC Sport. 26 June 2013. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Ian Morris: I want to make Bohs a big force in youth football". The Irish Sun. 10 May 2016. Retrieved 10 May 2016.
- "Bohemians sign midfielder Ian Morris". extratime.ie. 5 July 2016. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ian Morris (footballer).|