Ian Richard Parmenter OAM is a London-born Australian celebrity chef, winemaker and author who presented 450 five-minute programs of the cookery show Consuming Passions on the Australian ABC television network. The program was also broadcast in many other countries.
Parmenter was a Fleet Street, London journalist before moving to Australia in 1971. He joined the national broadcaster in Perth and qualified as a TV producer in 1974. He has developed a culinary flair in private life, confessing to having no trade or professional or experience in foodservice.
He has also written several recipe collections and three books, listed below.
On 26 January 2011, Parmenter was awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia for service to the food and tourism industries as an event director, author, journalist and broadcaster.
- Cooking with Passion (ABC Books)
- Sheer Bottled Bliss (HarperCollins)
- All-Consuming Passions: Recipes Gathered from a Lifetime of Loving Food (HarperCollins)
- "Ian Parmenter OAM". Australian Honours Database. Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- About Consuming Passions and Ian Parmenter Australian Broadcasting Corporation, 2009
- Ian Parmenter "George Negus Tonight" TV interview, Australian Broadcasting Corporation, 3 September 2003
|This biographical article related to television in Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|