|Competitor for Great Britain|
|1984 Los Angeles||Team eventing|
|1988 Seoul||Individual eventing|
|1988 Seoul||Team eventing|
|2000 Sydney||Team eventing|
|1986 Gawler||Team eventing|
|1990 Stockholm||Individual eventing|
|1990 Stockholm||Team eventing|
|1985 Burghley||Individual eventing|
|1985 Burghley||Team eventing|
|1987 Luhmuhlen||Individual eventing|
|1987 Luhmuhlen||Team eventing|
|1989 Burghley||Team eventing|
|1991 Punchestown||Individual eventing|
|1991 Punchestown||Team eventing|
|1997 Burghley||Team eventing|
|1999 Luhmuhlen||Team eventing|
Ian David Stark, OBE (born 22 February 1954) is a retired Scottish equestrian who competed in the sport of eventing. Stark was born in Galashiels in the Borders in 1954 and began riding horses at the age of 10.
In 1984 Stark won a silver medal in the for eventing in the Olympic Games, which were held in Los Angeles. In 2000 Stark won a silver team medal for eventing in the Olympic Games held in Sydney, Australia.
Other accomplishments are:
- Two silver medals in the Seoul Games of 1988
- Two silver medals in the World Championships in 1990
- Two gold medals in the European Eventing Championships in 1991
- A gold in the European Eventing Championships in 1997
- Winner of the Badminton Horse Trials in 1999
Stark retired from competition upon completing the 2007 Kentucky Three Day Event aboard Full Circle II.
- "Six sporting legends honoured in Scottish Sports Hall of Fame". Scottish Sports Hall of Fame. 16 March 2010. Retrieved 17 August 2010.
- Ian Stark Equestrian Centre, Biography
|This article about a Scottish Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|