|Look up Iberian in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Iberian refers to Iberia, which has two basic meanings:
- Anything related to, or originating from Kingdom of Iberia i.e. Georgian kingdom of Kartli.
- Someone or something originating in the Iberian Peninsula, namely from Portugal and Spain
Kingdom of Iberia
- Caucasian Iberians, Greco-Roman designation for Georgians
- Iberian War, fought from 526 to 532 CE between the Eastern Roman Empire and Sassanid Empire over the eastern Georgian kingdom of Iberia
- Iberian System or Sistema Ibérico
- South-Western Iberian Bronze, Bronze Age culture of southern Portugal and nearby areas of Spain
- Iberians, in general the name the ancient Greeks and Romans gave to the people of the ancient Iberian peninsula and more specifically to one of the ancient Pre-Roman peoples of the Iberian Peninsula (this latter meaning should not be confused with the Celtiberians)
- Iberian Union, a personal union between the crowns of Spain and Portugal from 1580–1640
- Ibero-America, a term since the second half of the 19th century to refer collectively to the countries in the Americas that are of Spanish and Portuguese origin
- Organization of Ibero-American States, an intergovernmental organization, comprising the Portuguese- and Spanish-speaking nations of the Americas and Europe, plus Equatorial Guinea in Africa
- Daily Iberian, newspaper in New Iberia, Louisiana
- Iberian horse, collective name of horse breeds native to the Iberian Peninsula
- Iberian lynx, critically endangered lynx native to the Iberian Peninsula
- Iberian wolf, subspecies of grey wolf inhabiting northern Portugal and northwestern Spain
- Iberian gauge, rail gauge used in Spain and Portugal
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Iberian.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.