|Soala Ibiapuye Martyns-Yellowe|
|Senator for Rivers West|
29 May 1999 – 29 May 2007
|Succeeded by||Wilson Asinobi Ake|
|Born||12 November 1945
Degema LGA, Rivers State, Nigeria
|Died||2 July 2009|
Soala Ibiapuye Martyns-Yellowe was elected Senator for the Rivers West constituency of Rivers State, Nigeria at the start of the Nigerian Fourth Republic, running on the People's Democratic Party (PDP) platform. He took office on 29 May 1999. He was reelected in April 2003.
Martyns-Yellowe was born on 12 November 1945 in Bakana, Degema Local Government Area, Rivers State. He qualified as a neuro-psychiatrist, and served as chief medical director of the Rivers State Psychiatric Hospital, Rumuigbo, Port Harcourt. After taking his seat in the Senate in June 1999 he was appointed to committees on Drug & Narcotics, Petroleum (Chairman) and Health. In 2007, he was a contender in the PDP primary election to be candidate for Rivers State governor. He died in Abuja on 2 July 2009 after a severe asthmatic attack.
- "FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA LEGISLATIVE ELECTION OF 20 FEBRUARY AND 7 MARCH 1999". Psephos. Retrieved 2010-06-23.
- "Senators". Dawodu. Retrieved 2010-06-23.
- Akujobi Amadi (Jul 3, 2009). "Sen. Martyns-Yellowe Dies Of Cardiac Arrest". The Tide. Retrieved 2010-06-23.
- "Congressional Committees". Nigeria Congress. Archived from the original on 2009-11-18. Retrieved 2010-06-23.
- "Senator Martyns Yellowe dies after asthma attack". Next. July 2, 2009. Retrieved 2010-06-23.
|This article about a Rivers State politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|