|Headquarters||Gurgaon, India, India|
|Products||Domestic and international flight bookings, hotel and holiday bookings, bus bookings|
|Slogan||"We Love Travel"|
The group owns the B2C online travel aggregator Goibibo, and online bus ticketing platform redBus.in, and has a 51% stake in the B2B travel website travelboutiqueonline.com. The company also owns a minority stake in Naspers' payment gateway business PayU Global.
In 2013, ibiboGroup was named one of the top five most trusted ecommerce brands in India in The Brand Trust Report India Study – 2013. Ashish Kashyap, the CEO, was include in exchange4media's "Impact Power 100" of technology business leaders.[not in citation given]
Ibibo started as a social networking service in 2007, and later changed to become an e-commerce and travel organization. In 2009 Goibibo.com was launched, offering search, comparison and purchase of air tickets, bus tickets, holidays and hotels. Goibibo is also available as a mobile app for iOS app, Android and Windows Phone.
Acquisition and investments
sasbus.in was founded in to 2007 and it became part of ibibo Group in 2013 via a 100% acquisition. The business also owns BOGDS, a cloud computing service for bus operators, and SeatSeller, a GDS for bus inventory distribution.
sasbus won the 'Global Mobile Innovation in Travel Award’ announced by Eyefortravel in March, 2014. It also won the Business Standard annual award for 'The Most Innovative Company of 2013'.
YourBus, founded by BITS-Pilani graduates Rajesh Mallipeddi and Satya Padmanabham in 2011, is a GPS-based bus tracking and analytics platform. The YourBus application on a smartphone shows users the location of a bus in real time on a map. It also tells users the arrival time at their pickup point, with SMS updates.
In 2011, Ibibo rolled out its payment gateway innovation called PayU in the Indian market, to permit websites to integrate e-commerce transactions through online payments. With PayU, a business can process payment by using Visa Inc. and MasterCard credit cards and debit cards (for more than 50 banks), and online banking for banks including ICICI, HDFC, SBI, and Axis Bank. Payu provides an API for integration and transaction analytics to improve the speed and security of payment processing.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (February 2015)|
- Economic Times Most Promising Brands 2015.
- Ashish Kashayp, YourStory, June 27, 2012
- MIH Group acquires 51% stake in Tek Travels, The Economic Times, Apr. 2012
- Ibibo Group secures minority stake in Nasper's PayU Global, Mar. 13, 2014
- Most trusted online brand in India, The Times Of India, Feb. 26, 2013
- IMPACT Digital Power 100
- Ibibo.com Launched New Ad Commercial, Business Wire India, Jan. 8, 2008.
- Goibibo.com CrunchBase profile"
- Goibibo iOS application
- Goibibo Android App
- Goibibo WindowsPhone App
- sasbus sold to Ibibo, The Times Of India, Jun. 21, 2013
- ibiboGroup Acquires sasbus.in, The Telegraph, Jun. 21, 2013
- Winners of Mobile Innovation in Travel
- The Times of India, Mar. 21, 2014
- YourBus integration with RedBus prompted acquisition, LiveMint, Mar. 21, 2014
- Naspers-Backed ibiboGroup Acquires Online Bus Tracking And Analytics Startup YourBus In India, TechCrunch, Mar. 19, 2014
- Naspers Launches Payment Gateway PayU In India, MediaNama, Oct.7, 2011
- PayU – Payment Gateway for Indian market, iamWire, Oct.7, 2011