|Established||1970 (as the Brazilian Institute of Capital Markets)|
|Location||Rio de Janeiro, Belo Horizonte, Brasilia, Brazil|
Ibmec (Instituto Brasileiro de Mercado de Capitais), is a Brazilian private university specializing in teaching and research in the fields of Business and Economics in Latin America. It was founded in 1970 in Rio de Janeiro and, since then, has expanded to two other campuses located in the cities of Belo Horizonte and Brasília.
Ibmec’s undergraduate and graduate programs in Business, Economics, Law, International Relations and Accounting were awarded the highest ranking in all the evaluations conducted by the Brazilian Ministry of Education. The pioneering approach that guides the institution led to it becoming the first learning center in Brazil to offer an Executive MBA in Finance in the 1980s.
Ibmec Rio de Janeiro
Ibmec Rio de Janeiro has two locations. The main campus is located at Av. Presidente Wilson, 118 – CEP. 20030-020 - Centro - Rio de Janeiro and offers undergraduate courses in Business, Economics, Law, International Relations and Accounting. The campus located at Av. Ministro Ivan Lins, 304 – Barra da Tijuca - Rio de Janeiro is now offering a new undergraduate course in Industrial Engineering.
Ibmec São Paulo
Ibmec São Paulo is a profit educational institution. Its first programs in São Paulo were launched in 1987. In 2004, Ibmec São Paulo was donated to Instituto Veris, and became a non-profit institution, solely devoted to research and teaching. Ibmec Minas and Rio de Janeiro are managed by Veris Educacional S.A., with a different structure of educational programs.
In 2006 it opened its new campus, which is currently presided by the economist Claudio Haddad, ex-partner of Banco Garantia. Notable professors include Antonio Sanvicente, the economists Eduardo Giannetti, Eduardo Andrade, Milan Zeleny, Pedro Valls and the sociologist Carlos Melo.
In 2008, the Financial Times listed Ibmec's Executive Education program as the 34th in the world.
In 2009 the "Financial Times" listed Ibmec's Executive Education program as the 27th in the world, ranking as the best business institution in Brazil.
|LLM - Master of Laws|
|Custom Designed Programs|
Alliances and Partner Institutions of Ibmec
In order to be on a par with world's best business schools, Ibmec maintains strong international relationships with several schools worldwide.
Through an agreement signed with Harvard Business School Publishing, Ibmec makes available to students (especially graduate students) case studies produced by that institution as part of their learning methodology. In 2007, case studies produced by the faculty of Ibmec also began to be used, all involving the business problems faced by companies in the Brazilian and international contexts.
List of the international institutions which have partnerships with Ibmec (excluding Insper-Ibmec São Paulo):
- Université Paris IX-Dauphine, France
- IAE Aix Graduate School of Management, France
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
- Claremont Graduate University, USA
- Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Grenoble École de Management, France
- Cass Business School, England
- Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Leipzig Graduate School of Management, Germany
- Hogeschool voor Economische Studies, Netherlands
- Universidade Lusíada de Lisboa, Portugal
- The University of Waikato, New Zealand
- European University College Brussels, Belgium
- University of Arkansas, USA
- Universidad de San Andrés, Argentina
- Philadelphia International Medicine, USA
- Universidad del CEMA, Argentina
- The Strasbourg Graduate School of Management, France
- Stevens Institute of Technology, USA
- Universidade de Coimbra, Portugal
- Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
- University of Tampere, Finland
- École de management de Normandie, France
- Université Pierre Mendès, France
- Instituto Superior Técnico de Lisboa, Portugal
- Ecole Supérieure de Commerce, France
- Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, Spain
- Universidad de Talca, Chile
- Universidad de Huelva, Spain
- IMC Fachhochschule Krems, Austria
Notes and references
- "Ministério da Educação". Retrieved 2009-03-31.
- Ibmec é vendido para grupo educacional americano DeVry
- "Briga e confusão entre Insper e Ibmec por causa de São Paulo". Exame (Brazil). Retrieved 12 February 2014.
- "Financial Times Business Education Ranking". Retrieved 2007-06-13.
- "QS Global 200 Business Schools Report 2009 North America".
- (in Portuguese) Ibmec main site