Toledo, Spain, now Province of Toledo, Spain
|Died||1074 (aged 77)|
|Occupation||Pharmacologist, Physician, Vizir of Al-Mamun of Toledo|
|Notable works||Kitāb al-adwiya al-mufrada |
كتاب الأدوية المفردة
Ali Ibn al-Husain Ibn al-Wafid al-Lakhmi (c. 997 – 1074), known in Latin Europe as Abenguefith, was an Arab pharmacologist and physician from Toledo. He was the vizier of Al-Mamun of Toledo. His main work is Kitāb al-adwiya al-mufrada (كتاب الأدوية المفردة, translated into Latin as De medicamentis simplicibus).
His student Ali Ibn al-Lukuh was the author of ʿUmdat al-Ṭabīb fī Maʿrifat al-Nabāt li kulli Labīb, a famous botanical dictionary.
- Muñoz, Fernando (1996). Plantas medicinales y aromáticas: estudio, cultivo y procesado (in Spanish). Mundi-Prensa Libros. ISBN 9788471146243.
- Emilia Calvo, "Ibn Wafid", in: The Encyclopaedia of the History of Science, Technology, and Medicine in Non Western Cultures, ed. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, 1997, p. 438
- The Filāḥa Texts Project: Ibn Wāfid
- Vernet, J. (2008) [1970-80]. "Ibn Wāfid, Abū Al-Mutarrif ͑Abd Alrahman". Complete Dictionary of Scientific Biography. Encyclopedia.com.
- Toledo, on Muslim Heritage.com, page 6  (retrieved November 26, 2008)
|This biographical article about Al-Andalus is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to medicine in Spain is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|