Ibrahim Ba (2015)
|Full name||Ibrahim Ba|
|Date of birth||12 November 1973|
|Place of birth||Dakar, Senegal|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|1999–2000||→ Perugia (loan)||16||(1)|
|2001||→ Marseille (loan)||9||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Ibrahim "Ibou" Ba (born 12 November 1973) is a Senegalese-born professional French football player of the 1990s and 2000s whose career as a right winger lasted from 1991 to 2008. In the late 1990s, particularly between 1996 and 1998, he was considered to be one of the hottest young talents in the world after consistently impressing with FC Girondins de Bordeaux.
Born in Senegal's capital, Dakar, Ibrahim Ngom Ba was not yet eighteen when, in 1991, he started playing for the French club Le Havre AC, where he spent five years. In 1996 he moved to fellow Ligue 1 outfit Bordeaux, reaching the final of the Coupe de la Ligue and making his France national football team debut on 22 January 1997 against Portugal, scoring in a 2–0 victory.
In 2003, he finally left Milan and joined Bolton Wanderers in England. He helped them reach the 2004 Football League Cup Final, playing in both legs of the semi-final victory over Aston Villa. However he was left out of the match day squad as they lost the final to Middlesbrough. Ba made his last appearance for Bolton against Chelsea on 13 March 2004.
In 6 February 2005, Ba was signed by Swedish side Djurgårdens IF on a two-year contract. Djurgården won the league in his first season. In early 2006, it was decided that his contract would be terminated and he subsequently left Djurgården in January of that year.
Return to Italy
At the start of 2007 Ba returned to Italy to train with Serie C2 team Varese to help with his fitness. In June 2007, after having travelled to Athens together with the AC Milan squad to attend the UEFA Champions League final they won against English Premier League side Liverpool, Ba agreed a one-year contract with his former club. During the 2007–08 season, making only one appearance in the Coppa Italia as a substitute, he retired from the game. After the season Ba accepted a job as a scout for Milan in Africa.
Ibrahim Ba is the son of 1970s Senegalese international footballer Ibrahima Ba (born 1951), who spent his late career in France, where he helped Le Havre AC to promotion in 1979 and finished his career at SC Abbeville. Ibrahima Ba's younger son, Fabien (born 22 October 1994) is also a footballer, playing in Italy with the Giovanissimi Nazionali of his brother Ibrahim's former club A.C. Milan.
- "Ba returns to Milan". UEFA. 1 February 2002. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- "Bolton 5-2 Aston Villa". BBC. 21 January 2004. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- "Aston Villa 2-0 Bolton". BBC. 27 January 2004. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- "Bolton 0-2 Chelsea". BBC. 13 March 2004. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- "Ibrahim Ba a Varese" (in Italian). AS Varese 1910.
- "'Dinho revives Milan link?". Football Italia. 13 June 2007. Archived from the original on 9 July 2007. Retrieved 30 July 2007.
- "UFFICIALE: Ibou Ba torna al Milan" (in Italian). Football Italia. 15 June 2007. Retrieved 30 July 2007.
- A.C. Milan – Giovanissimi Nazionali