|Date of birth||18 January 1989|
|Place of birth||Brussels, Belgium|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2008–2009||→ FC Twente (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20 March 2017 (UTC)|
He was called up to the first team many times by Roberto Mancini, but finally made his first team and Serie A debut against Livorno, 25 October 2006, as a substitute for Dejan Stanković in the 82nd minute, becoming the second youngest player in the history of Inter, older than Goran Slavkovski but younger than Giuseppe Bergomi.
He played his first Italian Cup match as a starter for F.C. Internazionale Milano on 9 November 2006, against F.C. Messina Peloro. He also played the return leg. In total Maaroufi made 6 appearances for Internazionale with 1 coming in Serie A and 5 appearances coming in the Coppa Italia.
FC Twente loan
At the start of 2008-09 season he was loaned to FC Twente to gain more experience when he was signed by Fred Rutten who had previously coached Maaroufi at PSV. Rutten left the club to join FC Schalke and was replaced by Steve McLaren soon after.
In February 2009, the last day of transfer window, he was sold to Vicenza in joint-ownership bid. He picked up a knee injury which rules him out of some games. However, he was released by Vicenza in mutual consent on 24 August 2009.
In February 2010 Maaroufi agreed to return to the Netherlands, joining Eerste Divisie club MVV Maastricht on a free transfer, only to leave it at the end of the season; both experiences ended with no first team appearances at all.
In January 2011, Belgian Pro League club Eupen announced the signing of Maaroufi on a free transfer. In July 2011 he was released by Eupen, after making just one first team appearance. Maaroufi then joined Belgian side AS Eupen, playing in the Belgium top flight, however his only appearance came as a second-half substitute in the 1-0 home defeat to Standard Liege in February. He was also an unused substitute on four occasions before being released by Eupen at the end of the season.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2013)
Maaroufi played for both Belgium and Morocco in youth level. He trained with the Morocco Olympics team in December 2006, but made his U-21 team debut for Belgium against Sint-Truiden in February 2007. He was also called up for the match against Serbia in March 2007.
Mararoufi said originally he would accept a call up to Morocco Under 23's only if he was made captain. He then accepted call-up from Morocco Olympics team again, for 2008 CAF Men's Pre-Olympic Tournament in October 2007, verse Cameroon. In October 2007 Maaroufi declared himself for Morocco rather than Belgium.
- Provinciale 1: débuts en janvier pour Ibrahim Maaroufi, l'ancien de l'Inter désormais à la Renaissance Schaerbeek‚ lacapitale.be, 16 December 2015
- "Maaroufi préfère le Maroc à la Belgique".
- "MAAROUFI: "MY THANKS TO MANCINI"". FC Internazionale - Inter Milan.
- "Inter.it". FC Internazionale - Inter Milan.
- "Sky Sports 19 January 2008".
- "Ibrahim Maaroufi prêté au FC Twente".
- "Operazioni Calciomercato" (in Italian). Vicenza Calcio. 2009-02-02. Archived from the original on 5 February 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-03.
- "UFFICIALE: Giani ancora al Vicenza, ecco Maaroufi".
- "Ibrahim Maaroufi Could Return To Training This Week - Goal.com". www.goal.com.
- "Operazioni calciomercato" (in Italian). Vicenza Calcio. 2009-08-24. Archived from the original on 27 August 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-01.
- "Ibrahim Maaroufi è granata !" (in Italian). AC Bellinzona. 2009-08-31. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
- "Ibrahim Maaroufi". FootballDatabase.eu. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- "Brahim Maaroufi : de l'Inter de Milan au Wydad !!" (in French). Wydad Casablanca. 2010-06-01. Retrieved 2010-06-01.
- "Ibrahim Maaroufi au Wydad ?".
- "Transferts : Maaroufi à la relance" (in French). Mercato365.com. 3 January 2011. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- "Ibrahim Maaroufi a signé à Eupen" (in French). 7sur7.be. 29 January 2011. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "Maaroufi unterschreibt in Eupen" (in German). K.A.S. Eupen. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "Ibrahim Maaroufi a signé à Eupen". 29 January 2011.
- "LUFC Three Europeans in Leeds trial - VitalFootball.co.uk". Vitalnetwork.
- "Leeds United: Whites eye Mendy deal". www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk.
- "Paganese, arriva il centrocampista ex Inter, Ibrahim Maaroufi" (in Italian). Resport.it. 27 October 2014. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- "TWO INTERNATIONAL CALL-UPS". FC Internazionale - Inter Milan.
- "uefa.com - UEFA European U-21 C'ship - News & Features - News specific".
- "uefa.com - UEFA European U-21 C'ship - Fixtures & Results - Match Specific".
- "Ibrahim Maaroufi Accepts Morocco Olympic Team Call-Up - Goal.com". www.goal.com.
- "Sixteen players on international duty". FC Internazionale - Inter Milan.