|Written by||Ron McGee|
|Directed by||Ron Oliver|
|Country of origin||Canada
|Cinematography||C. Kim Miles|
|Editor(s)||Tony Dean Smith|
|Production company(s)||Shavick Entertainment|
|Distributor||Regent Worldwide Sales|
Ice Blues is a 2008 gay-themed mystery television film starring Chad Allen and Sebastian Spence, and directed by Emmy-nominated Canadian-born director Ron Oliver. featuring fictional detective Donald Strachey. It is the third adaptation of a Richard Stevenson novel, though it was the fourth to be released.
Ice Blues was screened in select markets in Canada in the summer of 2008 on the pay station Super Channel, but did not premiere in the United States until September 5, 2008 on here! TV network. The film was nominated for the GLAAD Media Award for Outstanding TV Movie or Limited Series.
|Chad Allen||Donald Strachey|
|Sebastian Spence||Timmy Callahan|
|Nelson Wong||Kenny Kwon|
|Daryl Shuttleworth||Detective "Bub" Bailey|
|Brittney Wilson||Lilah / Amy|
|Spencer Maybee||Eric Lenigan|
|Myron Natwick||Brian Lenigan|
|Sebastien Roberts||Frank Zaillian|
|Jason Poulsen||Jake Lenigan|
|Sherry Miller||Joan Lenigan|
|P. Lynn Johnson||Senator Lauren Platt|
|Gordon Tipple||Arnie Targeson|
|Michael Jonsson||Officer Morris|
|Reese Alexander||Police Officer|
According to Ken Clark, the webmaster of fan site Chad Allen Online, there were a couple of reasons that On the Other Hand, Death was released before Ice Blues. One was script quality; the producers felt that the adaptation of the novel needed substantial revisions to the overall plot. The other was the desired weather conditions for shooting, as Ice Blues was meant to take place in winter, so plans to shoot in May 2007 were shelved and filming was postponed until December of that year or the winter season of 2008.
- "Ice Blues: A Donald Strachey Mystery (2008)", summary in the New York Times
- Stevenson, Richard (1986). Ice Blues. New York: Southern Tier Editions. ISBN 1-56023-655-8.
- "Ice Blues: A Donald Strachey Mystery". NY Daily News. 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-15.
- Hernandez, Greg (2008-08-06). "New Donald Strachey Mystery "Ice Blues" will premiere next month...". Out in Hollywood. Retrieved 2008-08-13.
- "'Milk,' Tyra Banks among nominees for 20th GLAAD Media Awards". Entertainment Weekly. January 27, 2009. Retrieved April 4, 2017.
- Chad Allen Online Forum Index
|This article related to a Canadian TV movie is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a film with a lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender theme is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|