Ice hockey at the 2017 Asian Winter Games
|Ice hockey |
at the 2017 Asian Games
Emori Memorial Hoshioki Skating Rink
|Ice hockey at the|
2017 Asian Winter Games
Ice hockey at the 2017 Asian Winter Games will be held in Sapporo, Japan between 18–26 February at three venues (Tsukisamu Gymnasium, Mikaho Gymnasium and the Emori Memorial Hoshioki Skating Rink).
A total of 18 men's teams will compete in three divisions (four in Top Division, six in Division I and eight in Division II), along with six women's teams. Originally 20 men's teams were scheduled to compete, however Bahrain withdrew. Iran was also scheduled to compete, however after arriving, more than half the team was deemed ineligible to represent the country due to eligibility issues. Thus the team was disqualified. However the country will still play its matches as friendlies, but they will not count towards the standings.
- "Ice hockey". www.sapporo2017.org. Sapporo 2017 Organizing Committee. Retrieved 3 December 2016.
- Morgan, Liam (4 January 2017). "Sapporo 2017 confirm entrants in men's and women's ice hockey tournaments". www.insidethegames.biz/. Dunsar Media Ltd. Retrieved 4 January 2017.
- "Announcement of all pairings of the ice hockey games at the 8th Asian Winter Games Sapporo 2017". www.sapporo2017.org/. Sapporo Organizing Committee for the 8th Asian Winter Games. 4 January 2017. Retrieved 4 January 2017.
- Pavitt, Michael (19 February 2017). "Iranian ice hockey team disqualified from Sapporo 2017 over ineligible players". www.insidethegames.biz/. Dunsar Media Ltd. Retrieved 20 February 2017.
- "2017 Sapporo AWG sport entries by NOC". www.sapporo2017.org. 8th Sapporo Asian Winter Games Organizing Committee. 16 December 2016. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- "Entry list for hockey at the 2017 Asian Winter Games". www.nationalteamsoficehockey.com. National Teams of Ice hockey. 3 December 2016. Retrieved 3 December 2016.