Ice skating in India
|Ice skating in India|
|Governing body||Ice Skating Association of India|
Ice skating is popular in North India in places like Ladakh, Kashmir and Shimla where cold weather occurs and it is possible to skate outdoors. Much of India has a tropical climate, hence in the rest of the country, ice skating is limited to the few artificial rinks available. An ice skating festival is organised in Shimla every year.
Indoor ice rinks in India
Indoor ice skating rinks are present in the following places:
- Doon Ice Skating Rink 60m x 30m Olympic size has a seating capacity of 3000. Located at Maharana Pratap Sports Complex, Raipur, Dehradun.
- Essel World, Mumbai (Near Borivali).
- iSKATE located on 6th floor of Ambience Mall, Gurgaon.
- Neptune Magnet Mall, Lower Powai, L.B.S. Marg, Bhandup (W), Mumbai.
- Atria the millennium mall, Dr Annie Besant Rd, Worli, Mumbai.
- Sparkys Ice Skating at Lulu international shopping mall, Edappally, Kochi.
Outdoor ice rinks in India
- Shimla Ice Skating Rink, Circular Road, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
- Gulmarg under Ministry of Tourism, Jammu and Kashmir Government.
- Leh, Ladakh.
- Kargil, Jammu and Kashmir.
- "India's first artificial ice-skating rink opens in Bangalore : YOUR WEEK - India Today 18062001". Indiatoday.intoday.in. 18 June 2001. Retrieved 15 October 2016.
|This article about sports in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|