From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Icebreaker Magadan)
|Operator:||Fesco Transport Group|
|Port of registry:||Vladivostok, Russia|
|Builder:||Wärtsilä Helsinki New Shipyard|
|Completed:||29 December 1982|
|Identification:||IMO number: 8009193 Call sign: UIFQ|
|Status:||in active service, as of 2012[update]|
|General characteristics |
|Tonnage:||5,342 GT 1,603 NT 1,909 DWT|
|Length:||88.5 m (290 ft) o/a
78.5 m (258 ft) p/p
|Beam:||20.92 m (68.6 ft)|
|Draught:||6.50 m (21.3 ft)|
|Depth:||10.5 m (34 ft)|
|Ice class:||RMRS LL4|
|Installed power:||4 × Wärtsilä 8R32 (4 × 2,390 kW)|
|Propulsion:||Two shafts, 4-bladed controllable pitch propellers|
|Speed:||16.5 knots (30.6 km/h; 19.0 mph)|
- 2011: Magadan was one of two vessels towing the oil rig Kolskaya when it capsized and sank in the Sea of Okhotsk.
- 2006: chartered by a joint expedition to survey Walrus abundance.
- 2003: participated in a training exercise with vessels of other nations.
- 2000: Magadan towed a Russian warship to be broken up in India.
- 1999: Magadan led a rescue effort (March 6) to escort vessels carrying supplies to isolated Kamchatka settlements that were dangerousely short of fuel.
- "Magadan (FESCO vessels / Ice-breakers)". fesco.ru. 2012. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- "Magadan (810245)". Register of ships. Russian Maritime Register of Shipping. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "International Polar Year 2007-2008: News, Updates & Background". United States Geological Survey. 2007–2008. Retrieved 2008-02-19.
- "Ice breaker MAGADAN research expedition in the Bering Sea is completed". Fesco Transport Group. April 3, 2006. Retrieved 2008-02-19.
- "Fesco Vessels". Fesco Transport Group. Retrieved 2008-02-19.
- Russian industry rocked by Kolskaya rig tragedy UpstreamOnline.com, 23 December 2011
- "The joint Russian-Japanese-Korean exercises start in the Sea of Japan". Pravda. August 25, 2003. Retrieved 2008-02-19.
- "Russian shipping lines see icebreakers as "impossible luxury"". ITAR-TASS news agency. November 8, 2000. Retrieved 2008-02-19.
Magadan was towing a Russian warship to India to the breaker's yard.
- "Russian Far East: Ice-breaker to help supply Kamchatka District with fuel". ITAR-TASS news agency. March 6, 1999. Retrieved 2008-02-10.
Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy, 6th March, ITAR-TASS correspondent Sergey Borovkov: The Magadan ice-breaker is the last hope of the inhabitants of Karaginskiy District in Koryak Autonomous Area. Only the ice-breaker is capable of making its way through the heavy ice and escort two ships, a tanker and a dry-cargo vessel, which are to deliver diesel fuel and coal for the District's freezing settlements at the port centre of Ossora. ITAR-TASS was told by the Koryak civil defence and...
|This article about a specific civilian ship or boat is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|