Curry House CoCo Ichibanya
|Founded||1 July 1982|
|Headquarters||Ichinomiya, Aichi, Japan|
Number of locations
|1,268 (July 2011) |
|Toshiya Hamajima, president and representative director|
Curry rice |
|Revenue||¥38,043 million (May 2010)|
|¥3,685 million (May 2010)|
|¥1,770 million (May 2010)|
|Total assets||¥28,922 million (May 2010)|
Number of employees
CoCo Ichibanya chain
Ichibanya Co., Ltd. owns the top curry rice restaurant chain in Japan, Curry House CoCo Ichibanya or usually just CoCo Ichiban or CoCo Ichi. The chain owns both direct and franchise restaurants in total of ten countries: United States, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, People’s Republic of China, Republic of China, Malaysia, Hong Kong, South Korea, the Philippines, and Japan. The Curry House chain is by far the company's largest business.
- Japan: 1,177 branches 
- People's Republic of China: 42 branches
- Thailand: 27 branches
- Taiwan/Republic of China: 25 branches
- South Korea: 20 branches (21 in the future)[when?]
- United States: 8 branches
- Hong Kong: 7 branches
- Philippines: 7 branches
- Indonesia: 3 branches
- Singapore: 3 branches
- Malaysia: 2 branches
Pasta de Coco
The company also operates 25 restaurants in Japan under the name Pasta de Coco. It sells a pasta dish which is a kind of spaghetti with starchy sauce known as Ankake spaghetti (あんかけスパゲッティ ankake supagetti). This dish is one of the distinctive foods of the Nagoya metropolitan area.
- "Company Profile". Ichibanya Co., Ltd. Retrieved 24 December 2010.
- "ココ壱番屋外国のレストランのリスト" (PDF).
- "ICHIBANYA CO., LTD. (Public, TYO:7630)". Google, Inc. Retrieved 24 December 2010.
- パスタでココ (in Japanese). Ichibanya Co., Ltd. Retrieved 24 December 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to CoCo Ichibanya.|
- CoCo Ichibanya's official web site
- CoCo Ichibanya USA official web site
- Pasta de CoCo's official web site (in Japanese)