This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ichirou Agata live (2005) in a surgical mask
|Instruments||Gibson SG Guitar|
|Labels||A-Zap, Tzadik Records|
Ichirou Agata is the guitarist for the Japanese noise rock band Melt-Banana. Agata is known particularly for his furious stage antics, jumping and constantly moving around, and exceedingly unique approach to playing the guitar which involves extended technique heavy use of effects pedals  and guitar slides resulting in sounds not easily attributed to the guitar. He is also known for consistently wearing a surgical mask on stage during performances.
Agata claims that he gets the inspiration for his guitar riffs from the moment of euphoria when achieving something on a video game (Tony Hawk's is a favourite of his) and at that moment sings out the melody pattern and converts it to guitar.
- "Guitarist Interview with Agata of Melt-Banana", QRD, 2010, archived from the original on 2015-12-08, retrieved 2017-02-22
- Tausig, Ben; Lymangrover, Jason. "Biography: Melt Banana". AMG. Retrieved 16 May 2010.
- Agata's effect pedal setup during the 2010 European tour
- Ichirou Agata discography at Discogs
- Agata's 1999 guitar rig
- Agata's 2005 guitar rig
- In depth interview about his guitar playing from QRD in 2010
|This article on a guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Japanese musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|